cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone been cut off?

N/A

Anyone been cut off?

All day today i seem to be getting disconnected i can connect for 30 mins to 1 hr then it cuts me off.

very annoying is anyone else got same problem?

im using the internal pci modem card.
10 REPLIES
N/A

Anyone been cut off?

yes it has been doing the same to me today
N/A

Anyone been cut off?

i've been online all day today (as usual) and have only noticed 2 disconnects however my router may have reconnected without me knowing more often than that. havn't been using the connection too activly today
N/A

Yet again I woke up to PlusNet problems

My girlfriend informed me as I was getting ready for work this morning that "PlusNet is down again!".

As usual I have no time to deal with it and have to go to work leaving her without it all day long. The backup dialup is so slow to be useless for anything but checking email.

I get to work, and, as usual I phone Plus to have a nag.

As usual my girlfriend unplugs the router for an hour or so during the day to try to rectify it and as usual this fails (going back a few months, this USED to work).

Then, yet again I get home and reconfigure the router to log on to bt_test then put my settings back in and cross my fingers. Mostly this works but today, it did not.

This is a tired old routine that seems to happen far too often. When plusnet do any kind of work anywwhere, my connection goes stale and sometimes takes hours of pissing about to sort.

I just don't understand it, we enjoyed several months of a nearly perfect service but, though I accept, problems always will occur, the recent frequency is really too much. In the last few weeks it has happened somewhere between 5 & 10 times I'd say, one of those left us without ADSL for most of a weekend I seem to recall.

Looks to us like a previously good service has started slipping fast and as life experience has taught me to bail out early when this starts to happen, I requested my CBUK number today which, to their credit, plus provided without argument, probably sick of me whining at them Wink

I don't want to use it, but if I get another stale session over the next month OR my ADSL isn't restored by the time I get home from work tomorrow, well, I might be an ex customer.

Has anyone else had these problems or is it really just my rotten luck?
N/A

Re: Anyone been cut off?

All day today i seem to be getting disconnected i can connect for 30 mins to 1 hr then it cuts me off.

very annoying is anyone else got same problem?

im using the internal pci modem card.

Some days - it's up and down like a fiddlers elbow, I switch my speakers off 'cause the ding, ding, ding b****y ding drives me potty but then on rare days it's OK. Always been the same since I got ADSL.
Community Veteran

Anyone been cut off?

Unfortunately, it's probably the modem's fault. The cheap internal PCI modems supplied by PlusNet tend to randomly pick a day and start connecting/disconnecting every minute or two. Sometimes a re-boot can help.

FWIW, these problems seem to be prevalent amongst people using Windows XP and/or a ViA chipset.

Thomas
N/A

Anyone been cut off?

Link to graph

That was the problem.

Just FYI, i got a cheap Alcatel speed touch pci modem, and it's superb, why don't Plusnet package that?
N/A

Anyone been cut off?

There was an issue earlier this evening on service status relating to 0845 and ADSL with disconnection and slow speeds. Seemt to be sorted now.
N/A

Anyone been cut off?

well it is still happening to me im getting fed up of re-booting this damm pc PLUSNET sort this out please
N/A

Anyone been cut off?

Happening to me too, and i definately dont have a cheap modem, its up and down like a yoyo.

Ali
N/A

Anyone been cut off?

This thread is unrelated to your needs.

If you are having problems, then start a new thread. This was regaring a specific incodent that allfected the whole customerbase.