cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any other london users dissapointed ??

N/A

Hi there fellow plusnet users, I have been with plus net for nearly 2 years, and I was wondering If any of you have decided that being locked into an annual contract with no incentive ot stay is poor customer service? Bulldog is offering 4mb in London and near by areas, for £30 a month, I was thinking of getting plusnet to offer this service, Abut apparently they cannot, with 6 months left to run on my contract, they expect me to buy out the full cost of that contract, Then move to save money.

They offer no incentives, and no consideration for the position of their London based users, who are clearly being ripped off. Whilst they seem convinced that their Contract is not onerous, they do not seem to be aware of the Unfair Contract Terms Act, which clearly states, that the company in the position of being the 'superior' party cannot make such unfair lock in terms, which cause indivduals like ourselves to buy out a contract, for services not provided.

I suggest more London Based PLusnet customers get to gether with me, so that we can fight and win this legal battle.

You may find me at seanie.sean@gmail.com

Good luck folks.
16 REPLIES
N/A

Why is it a legal battle? If it is then why don't you speak with a solicitor who'll be able to advise you if you have a case.

It's just that Bulldog (and a few others) that have LLU in that area whereas PN haven't taken that route.

Personally I think PN is great as they are working as a slow growth company and concentrating on providing excellent customer service, a support system that is second to none and are concentrating on providing good service for the majority as tying yo meet the demands/needs of small groups of people (such as yourself) wanting massive pipes. If PN were to go for massive expansion and try to do things such as offer this all of the time I am sure there would be problems for the company financially and in this cut throat market I don't think it's worth their (or their customers) while atm.
N/A

Can I ask how much research you have put into this?

From the looks of things, very little.

As per my other thread, i do not mean to belittle, but from your post above, it seems you wish to look at this as a one way street, where only the customer counts in any of this.

Lets look at your post.

"No incentives".
If they had any to offer, I am sure they would offer them. Bassed on teh technology and suppliers PlusNet use, 2Mb is the maximum they can supply right now.

"no consideration for the position of their London based users"
Can I ask what facts these are based on?

If you where in London and they offered a faster service, but refused to offer it to you (and not due to technology limitations), then I would agree. The fact is they don't offer them, and CAN'T right now.

PlusNets suppliers don't offer it, so PlusNet can't offer it.

Next, you will be complaining because EasyJet don't fly to Australia, when other carriers do

I suggest more London Based PLusnet customers get to gether with me, so that we can fight and win this legal battle

I would seriously consider doing the following, before taking the matter any further.

1: Read up on how ADSL works for IPStream customers like PlusNet HERE

2: Some information on DataStream

3: Understand what LLU is HERE (a little old, but informative)

4: Consult a solicitor with good understanding of telecommunications.

The solicitor is the best person to speak to. He/she will advise you on the differances between what PlusNet supply and other LLU suppliers supply.

If you could legaly challenge anybody, you would need to be looking at BT as your target, as they are the people lagging behind in supplying thr higher speeds to there customers like PlusNet, Pipex, Zen or any other IPStream based ISP.
N/A

I really hope bt expand the speeds for us so some of us dont have to leave plus.net. I might have to if the 8mb comes around my area
Community Veteran

It's like saying your going to sue your local Renault garage because they wont sell you a Ford and they are cheaper.

If you don't like PlusNet then leave, but you cant wangle out of your contract because of where you live.

Chris
N/A

I fing love plus net they have been grt but i am saying we need faster speeds
N/A

Indeed we do. I won't disagree with you there.

At the end of the day though, there is little Plusnet can do, without other areas of the industry moving, or BT getting off there backside.

LLUStream, a new product from Easynet, is looking very promsing to the wholesale market.

It is effectivly a LLU product from Easynet, that is resold to other ISPs, in exactly the same way BT wholesale IPStream to ISPs.

UKOnline is the first to be using it. Whilst UKOnline is a Easynet company, they set it up in a way that they could trial and be billed in exactly the same way any other 3rd party ISP would be.

Have a look at the LLUStream Pricing Overview Seminar HERE.

I am yet to absorb all the details from it, but from bits I have jotted down, ISPs like PlusNet can save 30% based on the Wholesale costs of IPStream. It does depend on many of the figures used by Easynet to generate this, but it makes it a very serious market contender.
the_norris
Grafter

Now should PlusNet look in to this to provide >2Mb to areas were EasyNet have LLU. Then use BT for the other areas.

The more people and ISPs that EasyNet can get - this will in turn push the upgrade of other area exchanges.

As commented on ADSLGuide - 2005 looks to be the year of LLU.
N/A

8mb is avalible to me in april ,im out of here ,i have had so many problems with +net wthin joining in october 2004 .. my previous isp ,wanadoo gave me such a great relible service without any disconnections what so ever ,roll on april....

"another rant over",thats all i seem to do in these forums :roll:
N/A

ok you dont seem to understand the issue I had with the contract waqs that i was told by csr that I would have to Pay out the ENTIER COST of the contract, yesterday in speaking with a csr I was told to leave it would cost 1 month plus £11. its this kind of inconsistency that p'ed me off. Quite frankly Now I know that this is what it costs to leave, IM out of here. Small growth = left behind. I liekd plus net fro long enough, two years later they havent moved with the times quick enough, and they will lose imho Every sinlge one of their customers who CAN access faster services FOR CHEAPER> Simple economics.
N/A

Incidently I teach Law. I cba to correct typos in forum posts, but I haev a full understanding of the Unfair Contract terms Act, which has NO relation to telecommunications or the service they are offering, it was the onerous cost of buying out the contract that I ahd issue with, which now turns out to be a poor piece of advice from a csr. Convenient that isnt it.
Community Veteran

Incidently I teach Law. I cba to correct typos in forum posts, but I haev a full understanding of the Unfair Contract terms Act.

It’s a good job you do not teach English. Cheesy

Can suggest the next time you post in anger that you take a few minutes to spell check. It makes it easy for others to read.

Chilly
N/A

"Incidently I teach Law. "

Ah - that explains everything. Wink

I could not understand why you had put one question ("Any other london users dissapointed ??") as the thread title, but a completely different one ("Do you want plusnet to give good customer service?") at the top of the poll.

However, all is clear now - the legal profession make most of their money by making everything as difficult as possible to understand, so that the poor punter will have to hire a solicitor to translate things into plain English for them, and I guess it must be difficult to get out of the habit when you're off-duty.

Now, me, I'm so tight that the ducks on the local reservoir give me jealous looks every time I go for a stroll there. So, I did not phone my solicitor - I just didn't vote in your poll.

For the record, though, here is one London user who is very definitely not disappointed with PlusNet.
So, going by the thread title, I should vote "No", shouldn't I?
Which, going by the poll heading, makes it look as though I don't want PlusNet to give good customer service, doesn't it?
(Again, for the record, I think that they already do give good customer service)

I suppose you're not practicing your proposed wording for the "Do we/don't we sign up properly to Europe" referendum questions, are you?

Important legal note:
(I've remembered to omit all punctuation to make sure this is legally acceptable)
The word London as used herein by the customer identified by the account name gordon5690 means the area currently administered by the Greater London Authority not merely the historically correct City of London there being no historic county by the name of London nor the Administrative County of London created under the Local Government Act of 1888 by either of which definitions the current abode of the aforesaid customer would be deemed to be within the boundaries of the County of Middlesex notwithstanding that his address is and for the duration of his lifetime always has been London for postal purposes.
N/A

:lol: :lol:
N/A

this 12month contract dont most isp scrap this now HuhHuh