cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any ideas Binatone 500 and Win98 setup problem

N/A

I've installed the drivers then plugged in the modem - all installed ok - but then I can't get past the very first screen when I click on the binatone login icon on the desktop. Tried connections>lan>etc but still no joy. Uninstalled everything and re-installed and still nothing - spoke to customer support who have advised downloading drivers (just doing it) or re-installing OS (seems drastic).

Anyone got other ideas?

Thinking back to earlier attempts the original install of the drivers crashed - but since then have been installed & uninstalled a number of times
2 REPLIES
N/A

Check for any "unknown" devices in Device manager and if there is, remove them. Uninstall the modem. Start in safe mode and in device manager remove the modem (maybe under USB tab) and any unknown devices. Restart in normal mode and update the USB drivers if you can. (If you have a VIA chipset, use the latest Hyperion 4in1 drivers). Reinstall the modem drivers.

If you get a crash when you reload the drivers, do this all again.

You could delve into the registry, but the above method should do.
N/A

Thanks for your suggestion - after the original post somehow managed to get connected - then put in wrong username (hadn't seen the e-mail) and then everything crashed and had to uninstall.

Another hour or so of in&un-installing and one last call to customer support before giving in for the night and the guy on the phone talked through winipcfg and added a TCP-IP (or some such - which was there originally but wasn't during that particular call) we then restarted and hey presto - I now have BB.

Great stuff - thanks again - and big thanks to customer support !