cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any having ping trouble after going back to ipstream?

N/A

since I have gone back to ipstream 2000 im still getting pings on vent and in game that are extreamly unstable. Before trying max dsl my pings were rock solid at 40 -42 on vent and ingame at 50.

Now im getting 35 -600 on vent and equaly in game. ANyone else getting this. PN have confirmed i am on IPStream 2000 with BT so Im happy with that but I am still confused over these eratic cons.

My line or router hasnt changed in the last 5 weeks since the MAx test so it isnt that.
8 REPLIES
N/A

what port is your ventrilo server on, out of curiosity? I've heard depending on the port you are connecting to, it can be confused by plus.net with lower priority traffic, hence the high pings.
N/A

Before I was LLU'd I used to get pings of 50-100ms on World of Warcraft...

I now get over 2000ms if I go anywhere busy, or go on at peak times.

Can't wait to get my new ISP.
Community Veteran

out of interest when were you moved back to ipstream?
N/A

i was moved back last monday to ip stream 2000 ..

The vent port i will have to check as im at work but its an interesting idea ...
N/A

I use the same vent session its port 3198 if that helps?
N/A

Ok . I think this is obviously of interst to gamers and users of ventrilo teamspeak ect.

This is a major part of my relaxation and after testing various things it appears the port issue is the problem. Routing at peak times is prioritised and if your ap isnt on the priority list at PN your going to get horrid pings . I understand PN need to control their traffic but its of no use to us gamers what so ever.

PN need to address this issue and cover the gaming port issue but I am doubting that will be happening now with a possible buy out in progress . I await a responce from a ticket to see what the help people say (they have been very good actually) to make my decission on my course of action.

I cannot continue trying to resolve my pings when all I want to do is relax with my mates in game and on voice coms.
readonly

having exactly the same issues with Vent, WoW is fine (<150ms as I type this)

But Vent recently has just failed totally, traces on ICMP to 2 different vent servers on different IPs and Ports shows <50ms responses but the ping responses within Vent itself shows 6k+ ms and is unusable. Is this a result of the packet shapers? I would point a large finger at it. As you state PN do have to restrict some traffic but it's getting to the point where nothing works..

I am on IPStream and this is only a recent development for me

The ports my vent servers are on are: 3801 and 3817
N/A

There seems to be some improvment with the vent tracker im old PN have impemented.

150ms btw I would call shocking . I expect a ping of 50 in game at all times. Expect is wrong actually , its what I used to get all the time therefore I will accept nothing more. Things seem to be better tonight vent ping of 30-40 (exellent Im talking to my guild again) SWG ping of 54 which I am more than happy with. If it stays that way Im more than happy.

We shall see....