cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any chance uploads in uk will increase soon?

N/A

I am becoming a gamer again and with xbox live and xbc u require larger uploads. Any chance of bigger uploads any time soon. I dont see it my self.

Thanks
46 REPLIES
Community Veteran

In a word... no. SDSL is the next logical step (at the moment) but there are current limitations on it's use and availability, but this is only following what ADSL was 5 or so years ago.
N/A

Damm i can hardly host people on xbc and xbox live. Its rubbish this country why should sweden get the good stuff
N/A

Because they where allowed to invest in there network years ago, where BT was pevented.

Sweden has FTTH and other fiber products, allowing shorter last mile connections, even allowing ethernet in the last mile.

The givernemtnstopped BT from installing FTTH back in the early 80's, because "It was anti-competative to the cable companies".

Look where that got us!! Cable companies are just out of the red and they have no rollout programs, and don't project to have some till 2010.
N/A

I hate it i just think its werid. A place like sweden (no offense ) gets better net abbiltys i think we should have the same
N/A

Yeah you're telling me...my brother has Xbox Live and can host a 4 person server max...it makes upload really bad down here Sad

But hey, have 1 mb now...I'll just appreciate the more download instead haha Cheesy
N/A

Depends on what game ur hosting on. Wolfenstein with 256 u can host 6 2 8
N/A

Yeah, he's playing Unreal...which is pretty busy connection wise all the time...very fast-pased.
N/A

Shouldn't we blame Maggy Thatcher in this country for not allowing BT to invest like Sweden did, typical of this country we cant see whats up our own backside.
N/A

I think he cud host 8 or 10 on that game not sure aint played it 4 sum time.
Surely they can chance it like that though god sake were uk we shud get sumert better than the rest. We just get the crap which is left over ( regarding 2 uploads )
N/A

You make it sound like we are hard done by.

Have you quite finished thinking all about yourself?
N/A

When was i thinking about my self. I was thinking of the uk
michaelscott
Grafter

I think he was making the point that there are countries where people can't even get 56k
N/A

I no but we should be one of the best 4 this kind of thing.
N/A

I hear that question a lot. But you know what I am gonna say.

Why?

I am yet to be convinced of any real need to go higher.

People seem to think that it is easy to rollout this sort of thing. People seem to think it is cheap.

Just because your paying £22 a month from connection speed X, does that mean that it cost that much to rollout?

No. It will take years for BT to write off what it has had to pay to get BB going.

Now lets goto higher speeds. What the hell are you going to use it for? Download X, *blink*, done. HMM, iv'e done this, iv'e done that, what can I do now.