Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another upgrade question

Cloudmaster
Grafter

Another upgrade question

Hi all,

I'm on the PlusNet Broadband Home Premier 512k - Original package, with no download caps as I understand it. With reference to the quoted text below, will I still be on an uncapped service when the upgrade takes place or will I be put on some sort of capped account? Haven't been round here for a while & they seem to have changed all the upgrade options.

<Quote>
Beginning in April and continuing through the summer, all PlusNet residential broadband customers will have their lines enabled to receive the fastest speed they can support (up to 2Mb). This will be FREE.
</Quote>

Thanks
2 REPLIES
N/A

Another upgrade question

Your quote is referring to the mass regrade, which isn't really linked to any usage limitation.

Basically, between now and (hopefully) the end of June, PlusNet have paid BT to upgrade all users to the highest speed their line can take, up to 2Mbit. This will happen free of charge.

Also, PlusNet have introduced the Fair Usage policy, where your monthly fee gives you a "usage allowance". If you're on the 512k package, you're currently paying £21.99/month (excluding any additional costs such as domain names), which would give you a 30GB/month peak allowance. Off-peak traffic (1AM-8AM) is not counted, neither is upstream traffic. For more details please see the Fair Usage Guide.
Cloudmaster
Grafter

Another upgrade question

Ok thanks Chris, I'll just sit back & wait for it to happen. I think I'm right in saying that I'll get an email when the regrade's about to happen?