cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another splitter question

N/A

Another splitter question

When I first connected to BB last week I found that everything worked if I put splitters into all the 3 off the extensions we have but not into the main socket into the house. If I put one there I couldnt connect. We had no noise on our phone so though that all was OK. Today we started to get alot of noise on the phone line so again I tried to put a solitter on the main phone socket but again we couldnt connect. Any ideas?

Also occasionally the modem just seems to die for no reason? (The ADSL light goes out and allthough the computer says I'm connected I'm not)

Smileyconfused
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Another splitter question

You only need spliters were you plug in your phone, your modem doesnt need one. Any empty sockets dont need one.

I found that I could use all my phones and modem better without splitters.

Are you using the main socket? How many phones and modems have you got? It could be your exeeding your rens

> When I first connected to BB last week I found that everything worked if I put splitters into all the 3 off the extensions we have but not into the main socket into the house. If I put one there I couldnt connect. We had no noise on our phone so though that all was OK. Today we started to get alot of noise on the phone line so again I tried to put a solitter on the main phone socket but again we couldnt connect. Any ideas?
>
> Also occasionally the modem just seems to die for no reason? (The ADSL light goes out and allthough the computer says I'm connected I'm not)
>
> Smileyconfused

N/A

> When I first connected to BB last week I found that everything worked if I put splitters into all the 3 off the extensions we have but not into the main socket into the house. If I put one there I couldnt connect. We had no noise on our phone so though that all was OK. Today we started to get alot of noise on the phone line so again I tried to put a solitter on the main phone socket but again we couldnt connect. Any ideas?
>
> Also occasionally the modem just seems to die for no reason? (The ADSL light goes out and allthough the computer says I'm connected I'm not)
>
> Smileyconfused

N/A

Whoops I didnt mean to post my original post as a reply!!

I have a mains socket coming in downstairs

On that are

1) A phone
2) A line to Sky TV (I've unplugged that one)
3) A line going upstairs.

Upstairs there are 3 extensions

1) Now unplugged but will need occasional use
2) A DECT cordless phone with one handset (soon be two) I've got a splitter on that one.

3) The line for the computer on which I've put a splitter as a) the ADSL jack dosent fit the phone socket and b)I want to keep my 56K modem plugged in.

I am still getting alot of noise on the phone line