cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another connection problem

N/A

Another connection problem

Has anyone experienced problems setting up ADSL in Windows 2000? I have a Dynamode A360 USB modem which the OS refuses to recognise. When I first ran the install and rebooted, upon connecting the USB cable the green USB light flashed once and then went dead with the tray icon telling me 'ADSL device not available'.
It doesn't matter how many times I uninstall and reinstall - the same problem repeats each time. I am just about ready to abandon broadband and go back to my trusty old V90 modem, (used to send this).

During installation, all the settings options check out, ie. PPPoA; 0 & 38; VCMUX.
Can anyone please help?
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Another connection problem

> During installation, all the settings options check out, ie. PPPoA; 0 & 38; VCMUX.
> Can anyone please help?

I guess this is a driver problem or a faulty modem. Have you a neighbour of friend you can try your modem on?

I run w2k currently with a router (speedtouch 510v4)no problem. Prior to this I used a USB frog again no problem.

I do remember that with the frog it was necessary to load the software without the USB device connected or the installation failed.

Its worth persevering as and when you get ADSL working, I can assure you that you will never want to go back to dial-up
N/A

> > During installation, all the settings options check out, ie. PPPoA; 0 & 38; VCMUX.
> > Can anyone please help?
>
> I guess this is a driver problem or a faulty modem. Have you a neighbour of friend you can try your modem on?
>
> I run w2k currently with a router (speedtouch 510v4)no problem. Prior to this I used a USB frog again no problem.
>
> I do remember that with the frog it was necessary to load the software without the USB device connected or the installation failed.
>
> Its worth persevering as and when you get ADSL working, I can assure you that you will never want to go back to dial-up

Thanks for your reply and, no I don't know anyone I can call on for help, yes I did load the software and then reboot before connecting the USB cable (I got one quick green light flash and then nothing). For the modem drivers I will try and find some updates on the Dynamode site and see if that will help. Thanks again.
James
N/A

Win2k should work with no problems. First unistall all the drivers etc and then unistall the device, half way throught the unistall wizard it ask you to select the device and you will see a little box saying show hidden. Tick that and get ride of anything to do with the modem.

Can you plug any other device into the USB socket? If you can and it works then there is no problem with USB. Get the new drivers and try again. The only real way is to put the modem on another pc to see if the modem is ok. If the shop is local they may test it for you.

> Has anyone experienced problems setting up ADSL in Windows 2000? I have a Dynamode A360 USB modem which the OS refuses to recognise. When I first ran the install and rebooted, upon connecting the USB cable the green USB light flashed once and then went dead with the tray icon telling me 'ADSL device not available'.
> It doesn't matter how many times I uninstall and reinstall - the same problem repeats each time. I am just about ready to abandon broadband and go back to my trusty old V90 modem, (used to send this).
>
> During installation, all the settings options check out, ie. PPPoA; 0 & 38; VCMUX.

N/A

> Has anyone experienced problems setting up ADSL in Windows 2000? I have a Dynamode A360 USB modem which the OS refuses to recognise. When I first ran the install and rebooted, upon connecting the USB cable the green USB light flashed once and then went dead with the tray icon telling me 'ADSL device not available'.
> It doesn't matter how many times I uninstall and reinstall - the same problem repeats each time. I am just about ready to abandon broadband and go back to my trusty old V90 modem, (used to send this).
>

Its finally sorted! It appears that after installing the modem, rebooting and plugging in the USB cable it wasn't starting the driver installation, so it had to be manually started through the Install New Hardware application of the Control Panel.
Phew!! and I thought peer to peer networks using differing OSes was difficult.