cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another ADSL upgrade/regrade question.

N/A

Hi folks,

I've had ADSL for 3 years and migrated to plusnet a few months back. I am now wondering about the possiblity of switching to a faster 1Mbps connection. However again I find my self bamboozeled by all the confusing packages and options.

Currently I have "PlusNet Broadband Home Premier 1/2Mb (Monthly Contract, No Modem) - Original"

If I was to just click a different speed at:
http://www.plus.net/products/upgrade/broadband_home_configure.html
...when would the change take place? Could I drop it back to 512Kbps at a later date or is only the bandwidth part readily configurable?

Cheers,

Rob
4 REPLIES
N/A

Hi BrightNova

If you upgrade to a higher speed, it will take 7 working days from when BT Wholesale receive the order.

To do the upgrade, it will cost you a product change fee of £14.99 which will be taken off credit/debit card that you have on your account.

If you upgrade to 1mb, then find out you don't need the speed, then you can downgrade, but it would incur another product change fee.

Craig
N/A

In addition you can change between a premier or capped account each month, if you find needs change, with no additional charge.
N/A

Thanks guys, that answers my question

Rob

ps
plusnet would be wise to add this information to the FAQ referenced from the upgrade configure page.
N/A

I believe it's already displayed in Help and Support, upgrade guide.