cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Announcement: Email Size Limit - Update

N/A

Announcement: Email Size Limit - Update

Dear Customers,

Last week we posted information regarding changes we would like to make to our email platform to prevent large attachments from being sent. We pointed out that this is both an uneconomic use of bandwidth and causes load on our mail system which may impact on other customers. We made this decision based on the growth of large email attachments being sent or received through our servers.

Following feedback from Customers, we now accept that the proposed limit of 10MB per email would cause uneccessary difficulties for a number of our users. As a result, we are pleased to announce that we have settled on a 100MB maximum size limit for an individual email. This will be applied to both inbound and outbound email delivery.

We feel that a maximum 100MB attachment size is more than adequate and are confident there will be no circumstances where this would cause a problem. We would also remind customers that there are many alternatives to using email attachments to distribute large files; please feel free to contact the Support team if you have any questions about this.

We would once again like to thank customers for their feedback, and assure you that we pride ourselves in listening to our customers and ensuring we take every possible step to meet their requirements.

With Regards,

Customer Support
--
Regards, Ian Wild
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

RE: Announcement: Email Size Limit - Update

>
> We would once again like to thank customers for their feedback, and assure you that we pride ourselves in listening to our customers and ensuring we take every possible step to meet their requirements.
>
> With Regards,
>
> Customer Support
>
> --
> Regards, Ian Wild

Excellent decision. It's really nice to know that the customer is listened to.
This is definately what makes Plusnet stand out from the rest. Keep up the good work.
--
Regards
John
http://www.hmrg.co.uk
Saturn
Grafter

Well done indeed, but how come this is posted in this forum? I've just posted in the Plusnet Forum.
N/A

100MB - wow - Very generous.
If I found any of my users sending 100mb e-mails over my company WAN - I'd have something to say, especialy on behalf of the poor b**gger at the other end with only a dial up link in a hotel room!
Saturn
Grafter

> 100MB - wow - Very generous.
> If I found any of my users sending 100mb e-mails over my company WAN - I'd have something to say, especialy on behalf of the poor b**gger at the other end with only a dial up link in a hotel room!

What a curious remark - just what would you say? Whilst 100MB might be a problem for dial-up communications in a hotel room, I presume your company is more technologically advanced than that and has on-site facilities - or maybe not. Have you asked your employees whether they are making full use of the resources available to them to promote and further your companies objectives?