cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Announcement: ADSL Price Cuts & New Higher Speed Residen

N/A

Announcement: ADSL Price Cuts & New Higher Speed Residen

Dear Customers,

We are pleased to announce that the following press release was published earlier today.
PlusNet are pleased today to confirm that their Broadband ADSL pricing will be slashed from the 1st May to benefit existing customers and promote the take-up of Broadband in the UK from new customers.

In response to BT's announcement today, and contrary to recent press speculation that ISPs would be unlikely to pass on the savings, PlusNet has decided to improve the end user's lot starting with ADSL Home Surf, PlusNet's entry level home Broadband ADSL product, which will be priced at £18.99/mth inc VAT (reduced from £19.99/mth inc. VAT) and our most popular product, ADSL Home, drops to £21.99/mth inc VAT.

New products
There will be three new feature-rich home options for the more demanding Internet user:

Home 500 at £29.99/mth (inc. VAT), Home 1000 at £44.99/mth (inc. VAT), and Home 2000/mth at £59.99/mth (inc. VAT). Contention ratios on all these products are 20:1. Full details on these and other products will be available on http://www.plus.net.

Current price - Price from May 1st - Saving
Home Surf (50:1) £19.99 - £18.99 - £1.00
Home (50:1) £22.99 - £21.99 - £1.00
Home 500 (20:1) £ - £29.99 - New!
Home 1000 (20:1) £ - £44.99 - New!
Home 2000 (20:1) £ - £59.99 - New!

All prices inc VAT and monthly

As with all PlusNet products, industry leading 24*7 customer support comes as standard.

Business products:
More significant savings are to be found in PlusNet's business product set with the following reductions taking effect from the 1st May.

Current price - Price from May 1st - Saving
Biz Surf (50:1) £26.99 - £24.99 - £2.00
Netstart (50:1) £29.99 - £27.99 - £2.00
Office500 (20:1) £55.00 - £40.00 - £15.00
Office1000 (20:1) £90.00 - £55.00 - £35.00
Office2000 (20:1) £110.00 - £70.00 - £40.00

All prices ex VAT and monthly

PlusNet business products are a great way for business users to get online with a fast and reliable connection. The Office 2000 product is particularly compelling at £70/mth (ex VAT) for business that needs to get the whole office online. The added value of the feature rich applications that are offered with this product make it irresistible.

Alistair Wyse, Technical Director said, "This represents a tremendous opportunity for the UK to get connected. The new home products are designed to make sure that you get an extremely flexible and fast connection into the home - well within the home budget. We will be taking advance orders for these throughout the month of April at www.plus.net. We look forward to welcoming more members to the PlusNet family".

Once again, PlusNet proves that it's the Smarter Way to Internet.

Please address any questions via Contact Us or our Portal discussion forums. We would also like to confirm that all changes will apply to current customers for invoices raised after the 1st May 2003.

With Regards,

Customer Support
14 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Announcement: ADSL Price Cuts & New Higher Speed Res

Well well well, What do i do now! 60 quid a month for a 2 meg service and as far as i am aware using the same technology as i am currently using with a contention of 20:1 instead of 50:1 hmmmmm.

The offer itself seems excellent but at 60 quid its a big stretch for my budget and i just dont know if can go to that but seeing as the 1 meg is 45 quid its not enough cheaper than the 2 meg to make me plump for that either, So for me its all or nothing.

But seeing as its looking like internet central and others are having problems with their datastream products with people not being able to get connected i am very very tempted by +nets offer. But the first real queston i would have to ask about it apart from the cost is will it be capped? You see this from a few parties offering the datastream services such as nildram capping at so many gigs per month is +net going to have a similar policy or will we have free rein over what we use our connection for?

In conclusion i must say overall i am pleasantly suprised with +nets new product offerings from 1st may and would be interested to hear other peoples opinions on this.
N/A

> But seeing as its looking like internet central and others are having problems with their datastream products with people not being able to get connected i am very very tempted by +nets offer. But the first real queston i would have to ask about it apart from the cost is will it be capped? You see this from a few parties offering the datastream services such as nildram capping at so many gigs per month is +net going to have a similar policy or will we have free rein over what we use our connection for?
Hi there,
Our product is indeed based on the far more mature IPStream product, at the more generous 20:1 contention ratio.
As it stands I believe there are no plans to introduce "capping" on the service.
Regards,
Mike
--
| Mike Grice....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support.....................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd.........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

How can i find out if my area supports the new higher speed home services (i'm currently on the 512k service) i've heard the 1 and 2mbit services cover a smaller area round each exchange.

Smiley
N/A

Well done Plusnet.

Although I won't be changing to a faster upgraded service, you all have deserve a pat on the back. I have had 4 ISPs in my 3 years of IBM PC computing and have never, NEVER experienced such a well organised and well put together ISP (others will no doubt disagree). It seems you never get much praise on these forums, so here is mine, thanks very much for being the greatest ISP ever :cheese

doozer
Community Veteran

> How can i find out if my area supports the new higher speed home services (i'm currently on the 512k service) i've heard the 1 and 2mbit services cover a smaller area round each exchange.
>
> Smiley

Goto www.bt.com/broadband and try the checker with your postcode only. Putting your number in on an ADSL enabled line will either produce inacurate results or give an error.
However the postcode checker isn't fully acurate as the test only gives an estimate based on the distance of your postcode rather than a priliminary line check.

Chris
N/A

> PlusNet are pleased today to confirm that their
> Broadband ADSL pricing will be slashed from the
> 1st May to benefit existing customers [...]

does this /really/ mean that I'll be paying £1 less from 1st May?

I'm on a 12 month minimum and wouldn't be at all surprised to find I was stuck at the starting price Sad

I would, of course, be (pleasantly) surprised to find that I will be getting get the price cut Wink
N/A

> I would, of course, be (pleasantly) surprised to find that I will be getting get the price cut Wink
Hi there,
You'll be billed the lower price on your next invoice after the price cut. Smiley
Regards,
Mike
--
| Mike Grice....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
N/A

I can't find the upload speeds of these new accounts?
N/A

> I can't find the upload speeds of these new accounts?

Hi,

This will remain at 256Kb/s.

Regards,
Richard
--
| Richard Allen...............Unmetered & ADSL solutions
N/A

Cry
N/A

What about customers who stumped up for a year in advance?

Will we get a rebate?

Thanks

Chris

> Hi there,
>
> You'll be billed the lower price on your next invoice after the price cut. Smiley
>
> Regards,
> Mike
>
> --
> | Mike Grice....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
> | Technical Support.....................for Home & Business
> | PlusNet Technologies Ltd.........@ http://www.plus.net
> + ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----

N/A

Your next invoice will be for your next year so I shouldn't think so.
N/A

> Will we get a rebate?

Unfortunately, we cannot backdate subscription payments made in advance of May 1st.

Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Customer Support
N/A

No rebate - THAT'S JUST PLAIN DISGRACEFUL, so if someone has just signed up for a 2mb service, paid in advance for a whole year, your saying that they will not get a rebate of which would amount to a few hundred quid?!?!?!?!?!

How can you possible sleep at night. The VERY least you should do is add the respective number of months service to the end of the current billing period for nothing.