cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An open post - Plus Net please read

N/A

Dear Plus Net,

I haven't been one of the many customers who have been posting on this forum regards the issue of slow speeds that have been dogging LLU'ed Plus Net customers recently. It wasn't hard to work out the fact that the matter is somewhat out of your hands and is an issue that lies at the feet of Tiscali.

But, surely under the circumstances rather than letting the forums be flooded by bad publicity for yourselves with such negative comments, can I offer a bit of friendly advice. Take the initiative and clearly state on the forum you are aware of the problem with specific regards to slow speeds being suffered by numerous LLU'ed customers if not all. But, also tie Tiscali down, get the answers YOUR customers want and surely are rightfully entitled to with regards the issue and get a confirmed agreement from Tiscali of when it will actually be fixed and let us know.

Nobody wants broadband that syncs at anywhere between 70kbps and 180kbps and yet nobody has given us a direct answer to when this issue will actually be resolved. I appreciate this is due to the direct involvement of a third party, but at the end of the day your loyalty and so therefore your ongoing commitment is to your customers as without us Plus Net doesn't exist.

Using single source suppliers in any sort of process that involves purchasing goods and services is always a risky business as you have seen with regards LLU'ing and I am afraid I feel you have fallen foul to that. I am sure what you did was in the whole scheme of things to benefit your customers or at least I would of hope so!!

The best thing that can happen is that as a company you learn from your mistakes and you take stock of where this came apart and the one thing that you do is without a doubt you make sure it doesn't happen again on such a large scale in the future.

But, holding your hands up and coming clean will only paint you in a far better light especially if you can give us the one answer we are all searching for, when do we get back our broadband service to normal? Otherwise people will leave in high numbers as nobody is prepared to wait when there are other suppliers out there offering the exact same service as you.

Do the right thing Plus Net and let us know so we are then all free to make decisions for ourselves rather than being left with no choice but to leave and cancel our contracts, with the mandatory 1 month notice period of course for those who have been with you over 12 months.

Many Thanks,

Lempers
5 REPLIES
N/A

I agree.

If Plusnet wishes to hold on to its customer base I think they should address these LLU related problems as a matter of urgency, and with as much honesty as they can muster.

For those of us with previous bad experiences at the hands of Tiscali,being silently moved by Plus to LLU feels a bit like being stabbed in the back by an old friend.
N/A

- deleted -
N/A

Just to add to these comments, PN might do themselves a favour by providing regular updates, with a little more (specific) information to open tickets rather than saying you might hear something in a week, followed by radio silence. If they did this customers may believe that their issues are being actively chased down. The longer people are left in the dark the more noise they are going to make in these newsgroups. I guess PN rely on these only being frequented by disaffected customers, i.e. posting here has little impact on their business.
carrot63
Grafter

I'd heartily agree with most of what the OP has to say - the problems are bad enough, but the lack of communication/regular updates is what really grates. If users had some sign that issues were being taken seriously and addressed it might take the sting out of some of the comments posted on this board.

For those of us with previous bad experiences at the hands of Tiscali,being silently moved by Plus to LLU feels a bit like being stabbed in the back by an old friend.

Absolutely. If I found out in advance that an ISP I was thinking of using had Tiscali as a supplier, I'd be crossing them off the list.
N/A

Well, my LLU connection seems to have sorted itself out at last (still got my fingers crossed) though whether that was as a result of Plusnet intervening directly,or an automatic process,I just don't know.

My suspicion is that it would have run the same course whether I'd raised tickets or not.

Simply knowing that I'd been 'LLU'd' and being informed what to expect and how to deal with it would have been nice - as it is I had to struggle in the dark for a week trying to understand why my connection was down.

It seems to me that Plus have fallen down very badly in the initial implementation of LLU,especially with regard to keeping customers informed about these major changes.