cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am i just wasting my time

Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

I am totally fed up with getting re synced all the time i had good speeds for a whole day this time before it re synced and i go through all the questions in the fault test to be told that my speed (none found) is the acceptable speed for BT

The actual message is below

Dear ,

The results of our tests show no fault with your broadband connection. Completed speed tests show that your connection speed is: none found

According to BT, this speed is within the limits of acceptable performance for broadband service.

Kind Regards,
Customer Support

What is this supposed to mean ?

Where do i go now ?
4 REPLIES
Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

I have received a reply from customer support saying i had not done three speed tests but i did do three although they were fairly close together it does not state that these tests have to be done with quite long gap in between unless you read all the details, which maybe i should have done Perhaps it should tell you that speed tests were not done as required instead of sending a meanigless e-mail anyway i will do three more and see what happens...........
jagger
Grafter

Maybe it's not your speed.

Try opening a L8NC account and see what your line really looks like.Link in my signature and it'll take a few hours to go live.

See what kind of a day I'm having here

It's not pretty.

Tried pinging Plusnet?
Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

Thanks the site looks interesting i have registered.
Liam
Grafter

Apologies for the far-from-helpful automated response. We'll be changing that one with the next phase of the faults tool!

Basically, the system checks for Speedtests in BT's databases. It's designed to list the speed and either reject / escalate the fault as necessary. Unfortunately, if it finds no results then it inserts (none found) and the automated fault checker responds to this by replying saying it's an acceptable speed!

Anyway, I can see that your fault ticket is now with the faults guys and you should have a response shortly.

What speeds are you experiencing and at what times? Do the slow speeds show on both the BT Speedtester and another tester elsewhere? e.g. http://www.mybroadbandspeed.co.uk