cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I really on 8 Meg ??

crandul

Am I really on 8 Meg ??

I appear to have a good consistent 2 MBit connection.

This is evidenced by consistent test results from several different speedtest sites, and also with consistent downloads at around 250Kbytes per second from sites which I know to be fast such as www.microchip.com

The problem is, I believe that I should be on an up to 8Mbit connection. With this in mind, if I were getting over 4Mbit per second I'd be reasonably happy, but certainly not at 2Mbit !!

Is it possible to check my profile please to make sure that I am set up correctly on Plusnet's systems for an 8Meg service.... ?

Thanks in advance,
Arthur
4 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

Am I really on 8 Meg ??

Hi there,

Looks like you are still on a fixed speed 2Mb product, if you like I can place the order to move you onto MaxDSL this afternoon. This would complete Monday and then you would start the 10 day training period.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
crandul

8 MEG Profile

Many thanks for very fast response Chris,could you please uplift profile this afternoon if possible.I will look
forward to getting back to "normal".Kind regards.Arthur.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

Am I really on 8 Meg ??

No problem, I'll go and place the order now and as I advised it will complete on Monday morning.

*EDIT*

Looks like you are actually on MaxDSL already but it hadn't filtered through to our side. I'll make the adjustments now and this should complete in around 20 minutes. Simply reboot your modem/router.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
crandul

Am i really on 8 Meg?

Many thanks again Chris,am back flying online.I raised a ticket last week but was unable to get sorted.your "Magic Wand" did the trick.