cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I correct in assuming that..

N/A

... I rarely use more than 20gb of bandwidth a month, so I'm assuming it's best for me to drop down to the 30gb a month package which is 22 a month, I started off on 2mb premier which is 40, so by dropping down will I keep my 2meg, and just have 30gb download limit a month? I'm a little baffled by it all. Just seems a bit pointless me paying as much as I am if I'm not using hardly any bandwidth. And also to do this I just go to connection settings, then change it to the 30gb download limit and I will still have 2mb just capped at 30gb? Thanks all.. sorry for the slightly n00bish post. Also, I can receive 2mb from my line margins and whatever, just wondering exactly, is BT going to be upgrading all of the exchanges over the country to 8meg from biggest to smallest? Or are just the biggest going to be upgraded? Thanks all..

Other than that still very happy PN, has been very reliable and quick Smiley
8 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

You are correct. That is what I am doing.

Click on 'Connection Settings', choose 'Upgrade Account' and then select the package you want to change to.

Unfortunately you will be charged a single downgrade charge of £14.99 to do this as your monthly fee is being cut nearly in half. But I'm sure you will agree this is acceptable when you consider that you will save more than this just in your first month after downgrading.
N/A

Thanks! That was what I was looking at doing. I think being able to have a fast 2 meg connection and 30gb of downloads a month for 22 makes PN the best isp! Will go do it now.
pgudge
Grafter

I'm not trying to rattle anyones cage's but if you were stopped in the street and some bloke said, give me £14.99 and i'll let you carry on down this road, otherwise you can take the 300 mile long way, would you?!!!!

If you request some more from a company, yes I would accept it, I paid the regrade fee to goto 1MB some time ago, but if I was down grading "DOWN" grading then I wouldn't expect to pay a penny, it is WRONG for PN to make you pay more.

But hey, if everyone's happy with that.
N/A

Well tbh I don't mind, because I don't see the point in paying 39.99 for my connection with as much bandwidth as it has now, as I don't need it. For only paying 15 to get the cost down by 18, and getting the same speed with as much bandwidth as I need is good for me!
N/A

Maybe it is good for you. But if your local pub got in a new beer that was cheaper than your usual tipple and you found it was just right for your taste, you would not be happy if the landlord said before you can buy it or drink it if you have to pay a beer downgrade fee first.
N/A

Yes but, you seem to be missing the point. In the first month I save almost half, so lets say your new beer is almost half the price of standard, what lets say 2.50 a pint? So this new beer would be coming in at about £1.25, would you really mind having to pay a one off £1 fee for a beer that's half the price and suits you?
craigbrass
Grafter

Its 15 measly pounds!!! Its only one off and its hardly breaking the bank.
N/A

One more thing, I noticed in an e0mail I received my connection will drop for 20 minutes or so, I thought there would be no changes just I was capped to 30gb? It's not like I'm changing speeds or anything?