cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Always the bad news

N/A

Always the bad news

looking at this forum im always hearing the bad news about the plusnet ADSL service, but is there any good news out there?

is everyone getting the slow speeds?
5 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Always the bad news

Not everyone by any means. I've had ADSL for 2 weeks now and the speeds have been fine throughout AFAIK.
rikmoncur
Grafter

I had a fairly trouble free set-up and three months of fast connections but this last week has been slower than a dial-up. Lots of time wasted tweaking my connection has resulted in improvements but only after notification from other users here and the adslguide - not a dicky bird from pantsnet support here.
N/A

Lucky you

I had ADSL since 27th Oct and nothing but trouble.
The Connection is very slow. and when downloading stuff, the connection remains idle for minutes... I get download speeds of about 7k My 56K modem used to do 4K not much of a difference if you ask me.

The ADSLguide speed test shows my connection as nothings faster than ISDN channel nowhere close to a DSL.

As for customer support...ha 24/7 my A$$ keeps you on the hold for about 20 mins, this is about 11:30 in the night, then it cuts you off, after trying for several times, I get a guys who says oh you haven't got the equipment form us so tough!!! change the microfilter and try again. I asked him can you wait till I do it, and try again, he told me no just call back...ie wait wait for another 20 mins.

I wish there was a better service provider.

> Not everyone by any means. I've had ADSL for 2 weeks now and the speeds have been fine throughout AFAIK.

N/A

dont forget that you maybe sharing the bandwith available to u with other subscribers of ADSL in your area.
rikmoncur
Grafter

true - I could have a bunch of line sharers who are all streaming video at the same time but there are a lot of folks complaining recently about low speeds - support are supposed to make an announcement about it today.
Funnily enough, I've got really fast speeds this morning!