cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternative ADSL

basils57
Dabbler

Alternative ADSL

Currently I'm getting a faster service with my 56k modem and nobody at Plus net seems to care!

As I can't envisage this service ever being 'on form' - either in terms of supply or service, I need to establish who is the best supplier to change to.

What do you think and recommend?
--
10 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Alternative ADSL

> Currently I'm getting a faster service with my 56k modem and nobody at Plus net seems to care!
>
> As I can't envisage this service ever being 'on form' - either in terms of supply or service, I need to establish who is the best supplier to change to.
>
> What do you think and recommend?
>
> --
> look at www.net4nowt.com and see what you think. As for this service from plusnet I've been with them for 6 months and its only been now that I've had problems but the problems are a nightmare to say the least.

Firejack
Grafter

Hi Barry,
Have you tried changing - the much talked about - MTU setting?
If not, take a look here >>>> http://www.adslguide.org.uk/guide/mtu.asp

Dr TCP is a simple to use program. I suggest you use it as described by the above webpage.

Later,

Andrew.
N/A

Hi

I will be moving ISP at the end of my contract in April
and im currently eyeing up Nildram whom i have been with previously and at that time they were very good but the price was a bit steep and I wasn't as well paid as I am now Smiley

I hear they are still very good but have also improved their pricing model so based on that im seriously considering them come April.

Ali

N/A

Definately Sounds Like The MTU!!!!
N/A

Definately Sounds Like The MTU!!!!
N/A

It's ok to do these speeds tests,
but i too get the full blast 58 down and 30 up.
but i still have trouble with connection to sites and uploading.

PlusNet is still messed up.

I too am leaving in April, i would leave now, and i think it's a disgrace people are forced to stay here until the contract is up.

Nildram and Telewest don't offer all the things like PlusNet do, loads of webspace, domains, CGI ... etc.. But atleast i will get a fast and reliable connection. something PlusNet has failed on.

--
Jason
=====
N/A

Looks like i am leaving to, the cgi is so slow as well as opening webpages, i know the complete text and forum threads back to front now, as there is fvk all else to do

basils57
Dabbler

Hi Andrew

> Have you tried changing - the much talked about - MTU setting?
> If not, take a look here >>>> http://www.adslguide.org.uk/guide/mtu.asp

Can you use this with Win ME - There is no mention of ME on the quoted page?
--
Firejack
Grafter

I successfully made the MTU changes using the Dr TCP method on my Windows ME machine and it worked great. A very painless exercise Smiley

Later,

Andrew.
N/A

> I successfully made the MTU changes using the Dr TCP method on my Windows ME machine and it worked great. A very painless exercise Smiley
>
> Later,
>
Hi,

I tried this yesterday on my XP Pro system at home and I also noticed a improvement.

We don't support 3rd party products as such but it seems as though drtcp does improve internet connectivity as a whole.

Best Regards,

Dave Watson.

--
| David Watson. Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support. for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. @ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +