cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allocation of webspace

N/A

Allocation of webspace

I'm not being dim (I hope) but the Website Settings page says webspace wil be activated when you sign up..... should be able to upload 12 hours after account creation.
Does this mean after I pay the first amount for migration (£42 plus) or do I have to wait till I actually go on line on (I think) 8th Sept?
Second query, I already have a permanent Domain name from UK2net. Is there a separate method for this as all my contacts know what to look for?
My prob. is that BT (on dsl now tih them) pulled my website, ostensibly because they say that BTopenworld broadband customers don't get any webspace! My site has been operating since Feb. 2002
geoff22
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Allocation of webspace

It means from the date that you signed up to PlusNet. Check www.geoff22.plus.com, you will see a PlusNet welcome page showing that your site works.

Chris
N/A

allocation of webspace.

Yep, I have seen the welcome message and I have uploaded my webfiles to ftp.plus.net and they are in the sub folder. Index is there but I get the good old eror 404 each time.
I have web diversion on UK2.net and that is directed to
www.the-family-hunt.co.uk whic is with most of the search engines.
I have printed off the instructions and I have follwoed them (I think/hope) but my pages don't appear.
I use a full reg. copy of ws_ftp. The uploads include all texts and images and en masse have been working OK till last weekend.
I know it must be me but where is the glitch?
Geoff22 :roll:
N/A

allocation of webspace

Now then, I just went into ws_ftp and checked for all my files. I moved into the seconf page and all the hyperlinks work perfectly 1st time and every time.
I'll try to call up the site from IE.
geoff22
=============================================================
No good, I got the welcome doormat but no index.htm.
There must be an answer. I'll scratch me head a bit longer.
Lorian
Grafter

Re: allocation of webspace.

Yep, I have seen the welcome message and I have uploaded my webfiles to ftp.plus.net and they are in the sub folder. Index is there but I get the good old eror 404 each time.
I have web diversion on UK2.net and that is directed to
www.the-family-hunt.co.uk whic is with most of the search engines.
I have printed off the instructions and I have follwoed them (I think/hope) but my pages don't appear.
I use a full reg. copy of ws_ftp. The uploads include all texts and images and en masse have been working OK till last weekend.
I know it must be me but where is the glitch?
Geoff22 :roll:

Well at the moment (3:20PM) your web redirect over at uk2.net looks to have a typo:

The requested URL /www.geoff22.plus.com was not found on this server

Looks like an extra / at the front to me, but I only glanced.

Jc.
N/A

Allocation of webspace

hi, just had a look at the source, you have www.geoff22.plus.com and it needs to be http://www.geoff22.plus.com
change that and it will work

johnathan
N/A

Allocation of webspace

Shockedops:

You might well blush Geoffrey!
Wot it was, I had two files in there, an old one called index.html and the current one called index.htm. Site picked up on HTML instead, That has gorn now and the site is up there waiting for me to update it and pretty it up a bit.
Thanks for your help everyone, but... you can't get over an idiot can you?!*
Geoff22 Cheesy