cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All these new speeds and such like.

N/A

Hi,

I have seen that there are going to be some new speeds available soon can anyone tell me when and if it will increase the upload?

All i want to do is play my xbox live i'm not bothered about downloading its boring and so is surfing for very long but i love RTCW on live and would like to host a few more than 6 at best and even then it starts to lag up when its full Sad

So whats the chances and will it be soon, oh and i'm on the 14.99 one will that make a difference i dont mind paying a little more if i have to.....
5 REPLIES
craigbrass
Grafter

Only way your upload will increase is if you upgrade to one of the "up to 4/8mb" packages later on when your exchange becomes 4/8mb capable.

4mb download and 400kb ish upload speed
8mb download and 800kb ish upload speed

Hope this helps.
N/A

yea man thanks Smiley that 800 up one looks great how much is it?
N/A

Faster speeds MaxDSL upto 4/8MB's Ivan

Hi sybaris1,

Yes! BUT a word of caution here at this precise moment in time there is still a great deal of confusion and uncertainty about MAXDSL ( thats the next generation of braodband services) BT are still only trialing this potentially new service, DONT be fooled by all this talk that its a dead certainty ITS NOT a guarenteed as a certainty.

Dates for products are also confusing many people are talking as if 4/8MB will be available from around arout septemeber this year I have serious doubtes about this prospect myself. If the BT trials that are going on now are successful then I think it is much more likley that new higher speed services will only become available to domestic users after xmas and possibly only well into the new year 06 my guess is its going to be more like March or April 06.

**One or two UK ISP's appear to be offering a 4MB service now but the feedback I've read from one or two people is that whilst the service works alot of the time its still quite variable (up & down speed wise). But the main thing is that these ISP's have marketed a 4MB service as a way to gain new customers. The result has been massive demand then extremely poor customer service or poor technical support, a number of people who left PN,F9 ended up coming back from those ISP's due to poor service so 4MB at this stage is NOT neccessarily all its cracked up to be.

**Also even if MAXDSL is rolled out across the UK next year once again its not a certainty that everyone will either get the service (depending upon location) and even if your within distance limits its also going to depend upon your line. I strongly suspect that many people will be bitterly disappionted in that they just wont get 4MB no were near. For the lucky few Yes! 4MB will become a reality. But I'm NOT holding my breath though!! I tend to air on the side of caution.

Ivan
--------------------------------------------------
F9 FOL Forum Moderator
F9 Broadband Premier 2MB User
Your Forum Your Voice,Get Involved!
craigbrass
Grafter

Well said Ivan. Maybe it would be best to have a warning recomending people get "Up to 2MB" until it actually does become avalable because it is confusing alot of people.
N/A

oh dear so its not going to be soon then, never mind all good things come to those who wait eh Smiley

thanks for the help guys

syb.