cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alcatel USB Modem

N/A

Alcatel USB Modem

Hi.
I just joined Plusnet and my connection (1mb) is supposed to be active tomorrow. I did not order any hardware as a friend had this Alcatel modem which he told me would work perfectly. Though I am a heavy user of the internet, I know next to nothing about the technical side of things... do I only have to connect the modem to the phone line and to the computer or is it more complicated than that? Tell me, I ll survive Wink!

I am looking forward for a long relationship with Plusnet, they ve been quite nice until now...
5 REPLIES
N/A

Alcatel USB Modem

I expect there'll be some modem drivers to install, and maybe a setup application.
Community Veteran

Alcatel USB Modem

USB modems require drivers before they will work and if you did not get them when you were given the modem, you should be able to download them from Alcatels website, as long as you know the full model number.

Is this the green/terquiose modem shaped like a frog with a long green lead. If so this will definately work.
N/A

Alcatel USB Modem

Is this the green/terquiose modem shaped like a frog with a long green lead. If so this will definately work.

Yes,this is the one! Do you happen to know the name?I could download the drivers now...

Thanks guys. Btw, I just got my activation email,yay!One day before expected.

Moderators note (John) Duplicate removed
Community Veteran

Alcatel USB Modem

It's called the Alcatel SpeedTouch USB. You can download the drivers and user manual from here.

Use the Driver upgrade for Win V3.0.1 drivers. The user guide is under the documentation section.
N/A

Alcatel USB Modem

Great.
Many thanks.