cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alcatel Speedtouch 530 USB and Win 98

N/A

Alcatel Speedtouch 530 USB and Win 98

I'm postin this on behalf of a new Plusnet customer who can't yet get connected.

He has an Alcatel Speedtouch 530 USB Modem.
Every time he has tried to install the modem on his PC the installation fails.
He has followed the instalation guide and tried several times but with no joy.
It starts ok, then when windows searches for the driver for the new hardware it fails to find it.
Even after getting past this section, when I had a try, and I don't know how that happened, the installion screen comes up with an error stating that the TCP settings don't exist, and thats a load of b******s! I think.
--
Mine works fine! :-))
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran

RE: Alcatel Speedtouch 530 USB and Win 98

Completly uninstall the modem and maybe TCP/IP as a precaution (he will probably need his windows cd) including any TCP/IPs bound to a dialup modem or LAN card.
Restart the machine, check all the software for the modem is gone.

Restart again.

Reinstall TCP/IP (and ensure it is bound correctly to all existing modems / LAN cards.
Reinstall the ADSL modem.
Restart (again).
Retest.

Chris
N/A

RE: Alcatel Speedtouch 530 USB and Win 98

> Completly uninstall the modem and maybe TCP/IP as a precaution (he will probably need his windows cd) including any TCP/IPs bound to a dialup modem or LAN card.
> Restart the machine, check all the software for the modem is gone.
>
> Restart again.
>
> Reinstall TCP/IP (and ensure it is bound correctly to all existing modems / LAN cards.
> Reinstall the ADSL modem.
> Restart (again).
> Retest.
>
> Chris

-------------------------
Further to that I would say remove ALL networking components, reboot without the modem attached, then again with it attached.

After many years of trying to get Windows to work my way, I've finally given up and realised you must let it do things its way. Roll eyes

--
Come on Boro!
http://www.waynessa.co.uk/boro.htm