cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ages to connect

N/A

Ages to connect

Ok so im new to this ADSl thing should it take 8 or 9 attempts to connect seems like ages connecting is slower than the modem. Coz i couldn't wait i went out and bought a Connex Access runner PCi card and have set it up as per the instructions given in the Confirmation email, are ther any other settings i should be putting in that i,'ve not been told about
8 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Ages to connect

Hi there,

It certainly shouldn't take that many attempts to connect - if you have the settings as per the confirmation email then that leaves either a possible line or network problem - do you have ADSL filters in all the sockets on your line?
Please raise a "contact us" ticket for us to investigate further.

Regards,
Richard
--
| Richard Allen...............Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support.....................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd.........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

RE: Ages to connect

i've only got the splitter on the downstairs phone as the cable on the access runner has a BT phone plug on the the other end, and i was told that the modem has an internal filter and dosent need one could that be the problem.

> Hi there,
>
> It certainly shouldn't take that many attempts to connect - if you have the settings as per the confirmation email then that leaves either a possible line or network problem - do you have ADSL filters in all the sockets on your line?
> Please raise a "contact us" ticket for us to investigate further.
>
> Regards,
> Richard
> --
> | Richard Allen...............Unmetered & ADSL solutions
> | Technical Support.....................for Home & Business
> | PlusNet Technologies Ltd.........@ http://www.plus.net
> + ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
>

N/A

RE: Ages to connect

> i've only got the splitter on the downstairs phone as the cable on the access runner has a BT phone plug on the the other end, and i was told that the modem has an internal filter and dosent need one could that be the problem.

Hello,

The way to test this is to unplug all the devices from the phone line apart from the modem itself (plug this into the master socket), this will rule out any phones/sky boxes interfering etc.
If no difference is made here, please run through the "contact us" wizard, and we will raise as a line fault if neccessary.

Regards,
Richard
--
| Richard Allen...............Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support.....................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd.........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

RE: Ages to connect

I don't suppose this is as simple as haveing "Log onto Network" ticked in your dial up settings is it?

What does your screen say while it is having a problem?

Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Customer Support
N/A

RE: Ages to connect

Hi Ian no i havn't thats one thing i did check. Since last night about 11 oclock i couldn't connect at all keeps telling me that the line is down spoke to your tech guys raised a verbal ticket Acc name katana. your guys ran some scripts and i phoned back last night and this morning, fault lies with BT, BT sent an engineer out who knew nothing about ADSL(WHY) going to report it to someone who dose monday. I've got on now but its slow tried a spped test on ADSL guide and the reports are

Downstream 416 Kbps (52.0 KB/sec) 449 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 246 Kbps (30.8 KB/sec) 265 Kbps (inc. overheads)

was slower earlier but i put that down to congestion downstream about 245



> I don't suppose this is as simple as haveing "Log onto Network" ticked in your dial up settings is it?
>
> What does your screen say while it is having a problem?
>
> Regards,
>
> Ian Wild
> PlusNet Customer Support

N/A

RE: Ages to connect

Opps should have read
"yes i did check and i turned it off"


> Hi Ian no i havn't thats one thing i did check. Since last night about 11 oclock i couldn't connect at all keeps telling me that the line is down spoke to your tech guys raised a verbal ticket Acc name katana. your guys ran some scripts and i phoned back last night and this morning, fault lies with BT, BT sent an engineer out who knew nothing about ADSL(WHY) going to report it to someone who dose monday. I've got on now but its slow tried a spped test on ADSL guide and the reports are
>
> Downstream 416 Kbps (52.0 KB/sec) 449 Kbps (inc. overheads)
> Upstream 246 Kbps (30.8 KB/sec) 265 Kbps (inc. overheads)
>
> was slower earlier but i put that down to congestion downstream about 245
>
>
>
> > I don't suppose this is as simple as haveing "Log onto Network" ticked in your dial up settings is it?
> >
> > What does your screen say while it is having a problem?
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Ian Wild
> > PlusNet Customer Support
>
>

N/A

RE: Ages to connect



> > Hi Ian yes i did check and i turned it off. Since last night about 11 oclock i couldn't connect at all keeps telling me that the line is down spoke to your tech guys raised a verbal ticket Acc name katana. your guys ran some scripts and i phoned back last night and this morning, fault lies with BT, BT sent an engineer out who knew nothing about ADSL(WHY) going to report it to someone who dose monday. I've got on now but its slow tried a spped test on ADSL guide and the reports are
> >
> > Downstream 416 Kbps (52.0 KB/sec) 449 Kbps (inc. overheads)
> > Upstream 246 Kbps (30.8 KB/sec) 265 Kbps (inc. overheads)
> >
> > was slower earlier but i put that down to congestion downstream about 245
> >
> >
> >
> > > I don't suppose this is as simple as haveing "Log onto Network" ticked in your dial up settings is it?
> > >
> > > What does your screen say while it is having a problem?
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > Ian Wild
> > > PlusNet Customer Support
> >
> >
>
>

N/A

RE: Ages to connect



> > Hi Ian yes i did check and i turned it off. Since last night about 11 oclock i couldn't connect at all keeps telling me that the line is down spoke to your tech guys raised a verbal ticket Acc name katana. your guys ran some scripts and i phoned back last night and this morning, fault lies with BT, BT sent an engineer out who knew nothing about ADSL(WHY) going to report it to someone who dose monday. I've got on now but its slow tried a spped test on ADSL guide and the reports are
> >
> > Downstream 416 Kbps (52.0 KB/sec) 449 Kbps (inc. overheads)
> > Upstream 246 Kbps (30.8 KB/sec) 265 Kbps (inc. overheads)
> >
> > was slower earlier but i put that down to congestion downstream about 245
> >
> >
> >
> > > I don't suppose this is as simple as haveing "Log onto Network" ticked in your dial up settings is it?
> > >
> > > What does your screen say while it is having a problem?
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > Ian Wild
> > > PlusNet Customer Support
> >
> >
>
>