cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advised to try different brand filters

N/A

Advised to try different brand filters

Whenever the phone is picked up my ADSL connection drops. I have tried connecting straight to the main BT socket with the filter plugged in and the modem with one phone. But the problem remains.

Plusnet told me to get in touch with BT but BT said to contact my ISP so no luck there. Now Plusnet have come to the conclustion that it is the brand of filters that they have provided me. They have also said they cannot provide any alternative brand and to buy a different one.

Any ideas where I can buy one that will work?
6 REPLIES
chino
Grafter

RE: Advised to try different brand filters

First of all what type of phone do you have these problems with? As my father is an ex BT engineer and he was setting up a BT Openworld DSL connect for someone and they had the same problem (they went through 4 different splitters). In the end it was found to be the phone as it is a portable phone and according to Bt openworld Customer Support DSL does not support portable phone.

However i do know a user who is using a portable phone on a dsl connect so it could be down to what make and model of phone you have.

Regards,

cUnDaLl

P.S. it does sound like a filter problem, however ask BT to turn up the gain on your line as well (don't say DSL) as this can always help.
N/A

Hi,
I have tried many different BT phones, corded and cordless (one is BT Freestyle 1025) but still get disconnected.
N/A

Maybe unrelated but similar: I had a problem initially, not with disconnections but with the phone being ridiculously quiet for voice communication. Luckily I got two filters with my modem and the second one solved the problem - the first obviously wasnt working properly. Might be worth getting another (about £10 from www.dabs.com but you probably could find them cheaper). Certainly easier than trying a new phone.

> Hi,
> I have tried many different BT phones, corded and cordless (one is BT Freestyle 1025) but still get disconnected.

N/A

Have you had any luck with this? I've got the same problem with my Quattro 1100 cordless phone. If I swap for a plain old corded phone it works fine...

> Whenever the phone is picked up my ADSL connection drops. I have tried connecting straight to the main BT socket with the filter plugged in and the modem with one phone. But the problem remains.
>
> Plusnet told me to get in touch with BT but BT said to contact my ISP so no luck there. Now Plusnet have come to the conclustion that it is the brand of filters that they have provided me. They have also said they cannot provide any alternative brand and to buy a different one.
>
> Any ideas where I can buy one that will work?

N/A

> Any ideas where I can buy one that will work?

<http://www.solwise.co.uk/adsl_splitters.htm>

--
Slàinte!
Al

[ADSL Home self-install + Asus 6000EV]
N/A

> > Any ideas where I can buy one that will work?
>
> <http://www.solwise.co.uk/adsl_splitters.htm>
>
>
> --
> Slàinte!
> Al
>
> [ADSL Home self-install + Asus 6000EV]

I got a BT approved splitter from http://www.btopenworld.dslshop.co.uk - works fine now.