cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advised to try different brand filters

N/A

Advised to try different brand filters

Whenever the phone is picked up my ADSL connection drops. I have tried connecting straight to the main BT socket with the filter plugged in and the modem with one phone. But the problem remains.

Plusnet told me to get in touch with BT but BT said to contact my ISP so no luck there. Now Plusnet have come to the conclustion that it is the brand of filters that they have provided me. They have also said they cannot provide any alternative brand and to buy a different one.

Any ideas where I can buy one that will work?
1 REPLY
N/A

RE: Advised to try different brand filters

Hi,
Don't know if this will help.
I had the same problem when I installed ADSL,the line dropped everytime the phone rang.I cured it by fitting new phones the old ones were binatone cordless and the new ones were BT synergy dect phones, no more probs.
Andy

> Whenever the phone is picked up my ADSL connection drops. I have tried connecting straight to the main BT socket with the filter plugged in and the modem with one phone. But the problem remains.
>
> Plusnet told me to get in touch with BT but BT said to contact my ISP so no luck there. Now Plusnet have come to the conclustion that it is the brand of filters that they have provided me. They have also said they cannot provide any alternative brand and to buy a different one.
>
> Any ideas where I can buy one that will work?