cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advised by Tech Support to run line check

clatz
Grafter

Suffering poor line speed. Advised to run the tests below by Tech Support. Tried to post it only to find the thread 'Reply Locked'. 20 minutes wasted and no 'real' tech support. What a waste of time...

Traceroute Results: View Traceroute
Traceroute Time (24 Hour): 20:45 to 21:00
Traceroute Duration: 15 minutes
Traceroute Packet Size: 64 bytes
Exchange: COWES
Problem: Peak-Time Slow Data Transfer (Everything is slow during peak times)
Duration of Problem: Less than 1 week
Minimum Speed Achieved On PlusNet Speedtest: 340 kbps
Maximum Speed Achieved On PlusNet Speedtest: 960 kbps
Average Speed Achieved On PlusNet Speedtest: 650 kbps
Account: ADSL Home (BT Install) - 1mb (50:1)
IP Block Size: Single (default)
Ticket Number: None
Additional Information: None
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran

It is the high pings and is a known problem. see the service status announcements.
N/A

It does beg the question tho - why are the support guys not making people aware of this on the phone.

There would appear to be a couple of people being incorrectly informed by support tonight.

Is there a communication breakdown somewhere or are customers misinterpreting what support are saying......I wonder.

Mark
clatz
Grafter

No, you miss my point Peter.

What is the point of me spending 20 minutes doing tests and then not be able to post the results I had been asked to collect?

Why did the Tech Support guy not just tell me there was a problem. I could accept that, all ISPs get problems from time to time, at least then I would not have wasted my time for nothing.
Community Veteran

Whilst this issue has already been raised in the usergroup, I will also add that CS are either not aware of the latency issues or not aware they are the most likely cause for the speed slowdowns. I have also stated the servoce status should have indicated slow speeds may be expected when seeing such high pings.
Community Veteran

What is the point of me spending 20 minutes doing tests and then not be able to post the results I had been asked to collect?

Do you mean the ticket was locked as they are not normally refered to as threads. If so, who opened the ticket and is there a note saying it was locked/closed and why? Can you post te ticket number?
N/A

Fair enough Peter,

Glad the UG are on it.

It does beggar belief that any of the support team arent aware of this issue and its implications.

Not good.

Mark
clatz
Grafter

Hi Peter, no, I meant thread, as in this discussion we are having here.

The URL is http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11402

I checked this morning and it is still showing as "Reply Locked"

If you try to post a reply you get :-
"This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies."

The support rep. didn't offer to raise a ticket for me. Couple this with the fact that I have been waiting 41 days for my line to be regraded from 1mb to 2mb, which all appears to be due to an administration issue between Plusnet and BT, then it all adds up to a pretty disappointing experience overall. (but that is another story and maybe another thread soon!)

I used to recommend Plusnet to everyone, but I've stopped now as I am rapidly loosing faith with their service. Shame.
N/A

That thread was related to a previous speed issue - when this issue was resolved, the thread was locked. However, I agree that the cgi.support page shouldn't link to that thread when you can't reply to it, and will look into this.

As Peter has said, this issue has been acknowledged by PlusNet, with attempts being made to resolve it - please see this service status announcement.
Community Veteran

This thread was locked due to it's length and was never intended as an on going thread, but rather in relation to speed issues earlier on last year.
The best thing to do (which you have done) is open a new thread and therefore it is more likely to get noticed by PlusNet.

Chris