cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice needed on upgrade

N/A

Advice needed on upgrade

Hi,
I currently have the ADSL Home Self-Install (Monthly Contract) at £21.99 per month at 512k speed.
I've had this product for a couple of years and recently got an email from Plusnet saying that I could upgrade to other better products.
For example, a 1mb Broadband Home package for £14.99 per month.
Are there any reasons not to take this package? For example, I download a lot of stuff.Would this new package limit the amount I could download?

Thanks for any help,

Ives
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Advice needed on upgrade

You can see what your recent usage has been if you go to Connection settings and then the view my usage icon.
This will give you some idea what you need in the way bandwidth on the new account.
If you exceed the limit you have setup for then you are charged at about £1-90 for each extra gig.
Community Veteran

Advice needed on upgrade

The 1Mb @ £14.99 only includes 1GB of data per month download usage. Above that figure you pay extra for each GB over the inclusive figure.

See the broadband home products page which will show you the various included usage packages and how much they cost. You then choose the one best suited for your usage and request a regrade which will cost £14.99.

Note: your current package has unlimited downloads and is equivelent to the premier packages shown on the products page.
N/A

Advice needed on upgrade

Thanks for the info ,Peter.
I use a lot more than 1gb per month.Probably a lot more than 1gb a week.
So I presume that if I wanted a 1mb package with unlimited downloads, it would be £29.99?

Cheers
Ives
N/A

Advice needed on upgrade

Yes it would be £29.99 for a unlimited 1Mb account.

Aaron
N/A

Advice needed on upgrade

I'm a little confused over the comment in the regrade FAQ

Speed > Maximum Spend
512k > £24.99 a month
1Mb > £34.99 a month
2Mb > £44.99 a month
Please note: If you change your included bandwidth or speed after 26 August 2004, there is no maximum spend for bandwidth. See above for full details.

Does this mean that you will now keep paying for every extra GB you use and not reach unlimited at, 512k for example, of £24.99. In other words, if you use 11GB, you will end up paying £14.99 (cost of 512 with 1GB) plus 10 times £1.90 (10Gb extra bought on spec) = £33.99 Huh?
N/A

Advice needed on upgrade

1mb premier download as much as u like 29.99.just upgraded myself from 512 ,no looking back :lol:
Community Veteran

Advice needed on upgrade

Yes. There is an unofficial internal limit of £99.99 though.

You will get an email each time you go over the next GB boundary so, in your example, you will get 10 emails each saying you have exceeded your inclusive usage and recommending the best product for you.

It is your responsibility to choose the most appropriate package for your usage and you can change to a higher usage product or premier within the month free of charge (but only 1 change per 30 days).
N/A

Advice needed on upgrade

I thought it meant that. The wording was typical - a little confusing.
No problem for me at the mo, I'm uncapped.