cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Address Book in Webmail

dsmail
Grafter

Address Book in Webmail

I imported my personal address book into Plusnet's webmail - no problem.
In order to update it, I imported again thinking the new would overwrite the old - wrong! I now have double entries for everybody and the only way to delete them all seems to be 1 by 1. How can I delete my personal address book so I can start again from scratch?

Dave
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Address Book in Webmail

Errr pass on that one Sad

If there are no answers forthcoming on here then I can only suggest that you raise a link:Contact us ticket and see if support know how or if they can remove it for you :?
dsmail
Grafter

Address Book in Webmail

Thanks. I'll leave it a bit longer and if no takers I'll use the contact us form as you suggest.

Dave

PS Don't appear to be getting email notification of replys on this forum as specified in my profile. Is this feature working?
Community Veteran

Address Book in Webmail

Notificions are being sent to your tesco.net account.
Do you want that to be changed? If so PM me with the address you want them to go to and I will change it for you.
dsmail
Grafter

Address Book in Webmail

John,

I have sent you a PM with new email address details. Also raised a ticket as you suggested with Webmail address book problem.

Thanks

Dave
dsmail
Grafter

Address Book in Webmail

Email notification now working fine.

Thanks

Dave
rja66
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Importing Address Book

I was not aware there was an import function for the address book in Webmail, how do i perform this?

Thanks in advance.
Community Veteran

Address Book in Webmail

For pop3 or IMAP, simple interface, login to webmail, click the addresses link at the top then click the import option on the left.

You need to have created a CSV (Comma separated values) file of your addresses. Most Email clients can export their address book in CSV forrmat - for outlook express just click file -> export -> address book.
dsmail
Grafter

Address Book in Webmail

....but beware of updating at a later date as I found out. If you import again to update your list, the new does not over-write the old, it adds to it thus resulting in double entries all over the place with no working option at present to delte entries. They're working on it!

Dave