cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ad Hoc Networking

N/A

Ad Hoc Networking

I am trying to set up an ad hoc wireless network between my 2 computers using 2 Actiontec usb wireless adapters. My adsl feed is to one of the machines using the Dynamode usb modem supplied by Plusnet. The Actiontec manual on the CD does not cover this point at all. Both machines are using WIN98SE

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated, or can anyone suggest any tutorial pages on the web. Cry
3 REPLIES
Mike_Grice
Grafter

Ad Hoc Networking

Hi there,

While we can't officially support this configuration, from my experience you'll probably need something like a wireless access point, or some kind of Internet Connection Sharing software to allow your other machine to browse the Internet through the directly-connected machine.
N/A

Ad Hoc Networking

Mike,

Thank you for the response. I am sure I have read that my current configuration can be used and i am currently researching it. I wil post the solution on the forum when I find it. :lol:
Mike_Grice
Grafter

Ad Hoc Networking

Mike,

Thank you for the response. I am sure I have read that my current configuration can be used and i am currently researching it. I wil post the solution on the forum when I find it. :lol:

Ok thanks, be sure to fill us in.