cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation ?

N/A

Activation ?

Our activation date was supposedly 9/7/05 after 12pm, however the router linked up at about 11.30am this morning.

By 3.30pm it wasnt live and I got my GF to check the router and confirm the settings were correct and it was reporting username/password error.
I raised a ticket at 3.50pm which as of 6.30pm hasnt been answered.

Is the activation automated or by staff ?
Does it normally take 4.5 to 8 hours to respond to a ticket ?
Do I wait for the ticket to be addressed or call ? if so where do I find the CS numbers.

Thanks

Gary
6 REPLIES
N/A

Activation ?

The CS numbers can be found at the base of every page.

Activations should be performed automatcaly by the PlusNet system. Around 30 mins after it detects your first authentication failure, it should auto-activate.

If it doesn't, then somethign has failed or BT have not yet completed the work.
LiamM
Grafter

Activation ?

Once your line is activated, if your account is not already activated at Plusnets end when you try and connect, then it will automatically run an activation script to activate your account, and reconnecting should be possible after about 30mins at most.

If you're unable to connect now, I would give the Customer Support Centre a call on 0845 1400200 and explain that your router is syncing, but you cannot connect to PN, they will be able to see your connection attempts if you're using the correct username and activate the account for you / determine what's wrong.
LiamM
Grafter

Activation ?

As a note, are you using @plusdsl at the end of your password to login?
N/A

Activation ?

Thanks Ill call them now.

Im getting a green light on connection when it tries username password and then it goes red, so somewhere along the lines somethings not right.
N/A

Activation ?

Their fault apparently, the automatic failed and Im on now Smiley
LiamM
Grafter

Activation ?

Wooo... broadband Smiley

Great isn't it?