cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation?

N/A

Activation?

Yet another question on activation!

Everything going Ok and Plus Net ADSL tracker says that BT will connect me on 8th Jan after 1200 hrs. No probs with this but noticed that after a BT guy at the bottom of the road had been messing most of the day at a BT juntion box that my sync light on my modem router is now a continious light and is no longer flashing. Does this mean there is some sort of connection now established?

All my set up is ready to go so just wondered if it is likely that the connection would be effected earlier than the 8th as originally promised. Supose I am just impatient and eager to get up and running!

ADSL modem/router is a solwise SAR715+ which seems to be set up OK. It is the DSL-LINK light which is now a solid green light - used to flash prior to today. The DSL-ACT light flashes slowly, one every couple of secs. Think this is the data receiving indication?

Any info/tips appreciated, thanks.
8 REPLIES
N/A

Activation?

You could try the test logins as listed here : http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9565
N/A

Activation?

Looks like I am very fortunate. Just got a note to say my account is active, all now working great. Thanks to both BT and PlusNet, great job Cheesy
N/A

Question 2....!

I am due for connection Saturday 10th Jan after 12pm. Will the hardware aim to be delivered on that day, or just before - it's going to my work address so Saturday would not be the best delivery date.

Of course if it arrives on Monday I would be even more disappointed. So far Plus.net has been excellent - i'd write to Watchdog about how good it's been in comparison to anything else I've experienced! Cheesy

Anyone give me a clue on when it might arrive? Thanks.
aviationradio
Grafter

Hardware

Hi.
Im due to have my account activated by BT after 12.00 PM on Thursday 8 Jan - its now the early hrs of Wednesday 7 Jan and my Hardware hasnt been delivered yet - wonder if it will be here in time for activation on the 8th Cool
Ianwild
Grafter

Activation?

We do aim to deliver hardware upto two dayts before your activation is due - Mr Aviationradio - There was a problem with your hardware order (Account upgrades for some reason are not getting hardware order properly - I have raised this internally). You will still have your modem tomorrow at any rate!

Regards,

Ian
aviationradio
Grafter

Activation?

Hi Folk / Ian.
Thanks for the reply - i have just received a mail from Plus Net confirming my Connection has now been activated ! 1 Day early !.

I look forward to receiving my Hardware on 8 -01 - 4.

This Forum is very useful again thank you.

Prior to signing with Plus Net i was with Virgin Net for 2 Yrs ! 24/7 connection !service to start with was good but for several months now its been useless so they got the BIG HEAVO.

Their help line was ! i could think of a word !
Sometimes it was virtually impossible to connect.
It was IMPOSSIBLE to acces my account eg to make updates to my details ! been like that for around 3 months they said the fault was at their end and would sort things out - they never did.

Thanks to all at PlusNet.
Terry.
N/A

Activation?

Excellent stuff - I can see my hardware order has gone through - I love the Tracker! Cheesy

Just a thought - it might be worth adding some info in the hardware section saying approximately when the hardware should be delivered (ie. 1/2 days before activation).

The currently process looks like hardware won't be ordered until after the BT activation.

Cheers.
aviationradio
Grafter

Activation?

As previuos mail to forum ADSL activated yesterday! 7-1-04 one day early !.
Hardware etc arrived this morning around 0830.

What can i say other than Broadband is a different world - thanks to Plus Net and their crew,installation went well - performance superb.

I have done as instructions say and installed service pack 1.

Again many thanks Plus Net great ISP would encourage anyone to go with Plus Net.
Terry.
Cheesy Smiley Shocked

Moderators note (John) I know your happy but I've removed the excess of smilies