cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation time

N/A

Activation time

Knowing my exchange was due to be activated on November 17th, I followed previous advice given in this forum and registered 10 days early on the 7th.
Today, I check the ADSL tracker, to find that my provisional date isn't the 17th, or 18th - its "25th Nov 2004 - After 12pm"

Why the delay? The exchange activation is still on schedule, so why do I have to wait an extra week?

As an aside, major credit to plusnet for being so open about the system, its refreshing for someone that used to be with Virgin.Net!
7 REPLIES
N/A

Activation time

Hi,

There is a 5-7 working day activation period once your exchange is active. This is because we cannot submit the order before the exchange is active as BT would reject the application.

Hope this helps.
N/A

Activation time

Thanks - however this seem to be in direct opposition to previous advice given here http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=22436: -

Activations normally take 10 days from order so requesting it 10 days before RFS should be all you need to do.
N/A

Activation time

Hi,

There is a 5-7 working day activation period once your exchange is active. This is because we cannot submit the order before the exchange is active as BT would reject the application.

Don't understand this - I'm in exactly the same situation as radionotme - my exchange gets switched on tomorrow and I have a provisional activation date of 25th.

However, despite you saying that Plus can't submit the order before the exchange is active, my order was submitted to BT on 29th September (together with Plus taking my activation fee) and has been sitting on their order tracker since then (Broadband self-install + ipstream office 2000) .

Where's that "suspicious" smiley when you need it...

I'm not that bothered to be honest, but an extra weeks wait when you've been waiting two years for your exchange to be upgraded is excruciating!
N/A

Activation time

Hi,

Sorry if you misunderstood my post, we cannot place the order untill the exchange is activated for ADSL.
N/A

Activation time

Hi - I never misunderstood your post at all.
My question was why petervaughan's post gave completely contradictory advice?

Also, given what you say - how can I have an estimate for activation from BT if my exchange isn't activated till tomorrow?
N/A

Activation time

Sorry if you misunderstood my post, we cannot place the order untill the exchange is activated for ADSL.

Nope, still doesn't make sense - my order has been with BT for the last 7 weeks so how can you "not place the order until the exchange is active"? My order was placed ages ago!

Here's the relevant info pasted from BT's order tracking website (note the date!):

Order Number: LCJ344EA
Date Order Placed: 29/09/2004
Requirement: Add, remove or update a product or service
Completion date:
Action Quantity Description
PROVIDE 1 (ADSL) BT IPSTREAM OFFICE 2000
PROVIDE 1 BROADBAND - IP SELF INSTALL
N/A

Activation time

Is there any answer to our questions, or have we stumped them? Over 36 hours without any reply now...