cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation fee on upgrade?

N/A

What is involved in upgrading a 512Kb account to a 1Mb ADSL account that justifies the same activation fee as signing up for a new 1Mb account.

Do PlusNet not value their existing customers enough to give them some form of reasonable discount when upgrading their existing ADSL account account, or am I missing something?
6 REPLIES
N/A

Both the original activation fee and the regrade fees are applied by BT, for which PlusNet recover.

I am wondoering myself why the regrade fee is £50, as I am sure I read that BT charge £35 for the regrade.
N/A

That would make sense. I am generally very happy with the service I get from my existing DSL I was looking forward to upgrading to the 1Mb service but the £70.50 regrade fee for the monthly contract is a little bit on too much to justify.
N/A

Well, if BT do in fact charge £35, how do PlusNet justify £70.50?Huh
N/A

I found the info

ADSL Guide state that it is £50+ for activation, and £35+ for migration.

Can PlusNet clarify why they are charging £15+ more?
Community Veteran

Possibly due to the overheads in making this change, IIRC they do this on some other regrade or moving home fee or something like that.

If this is the case I can't see it getting many customers to upgrade.

What will be the refferal discounts for the new 1meg products?

Chris
N/A

Can PlusNet clarify why they are charging £15+ more?

See here.

Tim

[Moderators note (by Thomas): The large size of the link was causing problems with the thread view page displaying normally, so I have added some display text to the link.]