cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation complete - How long

N/A

Activated but how long until the modem gets to me (UK) does anybody know Cheesy Cheesy Tongue :twisted:
15 REPLIES
iPaqowner
Grafter

I got mine within 24 hrs of line activation.
You should get an email from Plusnet confirming despatch.
N/A

It took me about 3 days.
N/A

it took over a week for my modem to arrive

not acceptable
holdtight
Grafter

It took two days from activation for my modem to arrive, (today), not too bad !!
Very happy with whole service!
Another sattisfied plusnet user**
holdtight
Grafter

It took two days from activation for my modem to arrive, (today), not too bad !!
Very happy with whole service!
Another sattisfied plusnet user**
N/A

2 weeks!!!

You lucky lot!!! I waited 2 weeks from 'activation' and 3 weeks from placing the order, for my (PCI) modem to arrive! And I was being billed even though I was UNABLE to use the service.

BUYER BEWARE! You could be waiting a l-o-n-g time for your modem if you go for the 'Starter Pack' option.

Evil A very DIS-satisfied PlusNet user
N/A

If you receive your modem late, use the link:contact us system.

You will likely be able to receive a unusable service refund. They will refund it on your next bill for the days without service.

It may take a while to get this sorted while they check over logged account information, confirm delivery date and so on.
N/A

If you receive your modem late, use the <a href="http://contactus.plus.net">Contact Us</a> system.

You will likely be able to receive a unusable service refund. They will refund it on your next bill for the days without service.

It may take a while to get this sorted while they check over logged account information, confirm delivery date and so on.

Thanks for the info Philip. I do expect a refund - I had to pay for another months 'dial-up' while I was waiting for the modem. And when I called Support (3x) to enquire about the delay they seemed more keen on closing the call within an allotted time-slot than resolving the issue and fulfilling the order. I found the experience extremely frustrating and a complete disappointment.

I expected a better service but was badly let down. The whole episode has lowered my expectations of PlusNet. Not a good start!

Evil A very DIS-satisfied PlusNet user
N/A

I have to say - now that I've finally got my modem - I'm really pleased with the connection. Wow! What an improvement on 'dial-up' speeds. I guess PlusNet are proving to be decent providers.

And all credit to them for allowing me my say, right here on their boards (other co's might have removed my posts by now). I'll update this post with any progress on my request for an 'unusable service refund'.

:| An ALMOST satisfied PlusNet uer!
N/A

Thank You PlusNet!!!

OK, so I waited 2 weeks (after 'activation') for my modem to arrive - which was very frustrating - BUT following Philip's advice (see acarr, above) I requested a refund for the time I was billed whilst unable to use the account and PlusNet really came up trumps. I got a refund (plus 2 weeks free) for the inconvenience. Now that's what I call a good service - thank you PlusNet!

Cheesy A VERY satisfied PlusNet user
N/A

my activation is this Thursday (hopefully) and I can not wait...... please please please send my stuff out early hehe Smiley
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

We are now shipping hardware so that should arrive on your activation date.
If you check on the ADSL Tracker you'll have confirmation of your activation date and on the day before you'll see your hardware being ordered and shipped out to you. Once we get the tracker number from City Link you'll also see that as well so that you can track the progress of the delivery.
N/A

woo hoo! yippe, cool Cheesy

I can not wait now! hehe what a different a post makes! I tell you Plus net have got it sorted. Customer Service and everything. I can not wait to use the 250Mb of webspace for my site, should be more than enough hehe Smiley

Cheers matey
N/A

Waiting for modem too...

My ADSL is activated - a day early so full marks there - but my modem is "awaiting despatch". As it's been so for over a day I assume it's not literally on the shelves waiting for a courier Cheesy so does this mean Plus are waiting for modems to reach them?

I went for the easy-start option but I'm already wondering if I made a mistake!!

Simon

Modem has now arrived; 2 days after line activation so not too bad!

Mind you the Alcatel modem had me scratching my head; don't you just love installing stuf Evil

Simon