cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation Problems

N/A

Activation Problems

I recently moved house and have been trying to move my plus net account as well.
However I according to plus net there are incompatible products on my new line that prevent activation. Has anyone else had this problem and do you know anyway of resolving it? I have contacted BT by they just told me to tell plus net to contact BT wholesale. Ive tried contacting Plus Net but have been unable to get through on both their numbers.

Any suggestions welcome

Samuel Hill
8 REPLIES
N/A

Activation problems

I had the same thing. Go around the house and unplug everything from the telephone line.
N/A

Activation Problems

what does the results say about your line at the BT Wholesale line checker?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Activation Problems

Just used that on my phone number and it doesn't flag up a problem.
Better bet is http://www.samknows.com/broadband/checker2.php?p=summary which will tell you if adsl is already on the line
holdtight
Grafter

Activation Problems

Could also be something such as a dacs box which allows BT to split one line so they can supply more than one property with a phone

This would flag up as an incompatible product on the line and getting it removed to a single line usually incurs a charge also BT retail should be able to tell you whether there is a dacs box on the property or whether adsl is already enabled on the line so try them again and you might get to talk to someone who knows what there talking about bearing in mind it is BT

Go round the property and look for something that looks like this or similar if you find it thats a dacs box

N/A

Activation Problems

Well according to my router ADSL if definately on the line. However I am unable to connect to plus net to enable any form of net access. When I click connect on the router it tries for a minute or so and then says error.
Plus Net have said that they havn't activated the line yet so im assuming this is from a previous occupant of the house. Is there any way I can use the line in its current state or do Plus Net have to enable the line so that it works with their service? Oh and does changing the number of the phone line effect the ADSL service in anyway, i recently had to change my number.

thanks for the replies

Samuel Hill
holdtight
Grafter

Activation Problems

Hi Samuel

In this situation BT have to cease the current active adsl thats enabled on your line which should have been done by the previous occupier through there own ISP when they moved out

No its impossible for you to use the line for adsl untill its been ceased then an order put in by plusnet to reactivate it so you can use there service, long winded yes a pain in the *ss yes but thats the procedure Sad

The change of phone number wont matter it will just be enabled on that line

I would have thought that plusnet and BT could have sorted this between them both knowing what needs to be done to get you reactivated but im unsure of just how they go about it as its not something ive been through

Maybe there`s someone else who can clarify this for you
N/A

Activation Problems

cheers for the info,

Im going to try contacting BT again to see if they can cancel the ADSL on the line. But from the responses I got last time they said they couldnt tell me who was providing the broadband due to competition regulations. Then they said contact BT wholesale but they only speak to isp's and they said that there was ADSL active and it would be gone in a couple of days, that was last wednesday. Even if it was 2 working days it should be gone by now. The situation seems to be rather stupid since I cant find out who was providing the broadband and ask them to cancel it, im in a rented property which means asking the previous tenants isnt really possible.

Samuel Hill
N/A

Activation Problems

My advise having been through a similar experience is to contact OFCOM. The incompatible products thing referred to my previous ISP having left their 'marker' on my line. The ISP I was trying to sign up with couldn't do anything, neither could BT and the ISP I was trying to leave just kept telling me it was BT wholesale not carrying out the work they had ordered. (It turned out that it was an admin error and the order was never sent to BT wholesale even though time and time again I was told it had been).

In the end I went to OFCOM. At the time they hadn't a procedure for dealing with people in this situation (essentially one ISP preventing you from going to another after you've cancelled). But after a week I got an email saying they had set up a line for end users to contact BT wholesale direct. In order to ring this however you need an OFCOM reference so there is no point in me passing on the number to you.

Go direct to OFCOM. It's a slow process but you will get there eventually. Took me 10 weeks in total.