cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation Fee

N/A

Activation Fee

My exchange will be ADSL ready in about 3 months time. Ideally I'd like to stay with Plusnet when I move to ADSL.

However, I have noticed a number of ISPs offering activation for £25 or free - decent ISPs too Zen, Nildram, Bulldog etc.

Will Plusnet be matching this, or will I be tempted to go elsewhere?
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran

RE: Activation Fee

> My exchange will be ADSL ready in about 3 months time. Ideally I'd like to stay with Plusnet when I move to ADSL.
>
> However, I have noticed a number of ISPs offering activation for £25 or free - decent ISPs too Zen, Nildram, Bulldog etc.
>
> Will Plusnet be matching this, or will I be tempted to go elsewhere?

Justin

Remember that the activation fee is just a small part of the total ADSL package. It's what you get for your monthly fee the rest of the time that is more important.
Also check the small print carefully, there may well be clauses that tie you to a set period after signing up.
--
Regards
John
http://www.hmrg.co.uk
N/A

-snip-
> However, I have noticed a number of ISPs offering activation for £25 or free - decent ISPs too Zen, Nildram, Bulldog etc.
>
I've just come off the phone to Zen for my service and theyre very good. Customer Service were spot on.

Mind you things could change quickly.

Gary
fonejacker
Grafter

Hi There,

We will be making an annoucnemnet with regard to the reduction in activation fees shortly.

Cheers,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Customer Support
N/A

> Hi There,
>
> We will be making an annoucnemnet with regard to the reduction in activation fees shortly.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ian Wild
> PlusNet Customer Support

I just paif £70 so I hope I will get some kind of refund or first month free.

Hugo

chino
Grafter

>
> I just paif £70 so I hope I will get some kind of refund or first month free.
>
> Hugo

Why should you?

It's just like you go to tesco buy somthing and the next day the price drops do you ask for the difference NO!

Yes you would like it but who would not?

But just have some common sense.

cUnDaLl

p.s. sorry to have a go but no announcment has been made yet!!
N/A

>
> >
> > I just paif £70 so I hope I will get some kind of refund or first month free.
> >
> > Hugo
>
> Why should you?
>
> It's just like you go to tesco buy somthing and the next day the price drops do you ask for the difference NO!
>
> Yes you would like it but who would not?
>
> But just have some common sense.
>
> cUnDaLl
>
> p.s. sorry to have a go but no announcment has been made yet!!

:-)
N/A

My activation was "FREE" (or so said the computer magazine" best buy" even!!)if I signed for the 12 Months!......BUT it would appear that I`m paying for the activation during my first years membership £28.38 p/m ...whereafter it will drop to £22.99p/m ? or whatever the current rate will be??( what other ISP does this!!)
NTL are down to low rates at the moment but there are other costs I believe?
Apart from the service this morning where I could not connect till 0800Hrs ( Pity the "important message" was not at the beginning of the recorded message) and after correcting the MTU settings during the first couple of Days of service..the Plusnet service seems ok at present.

> My exchange will be ADSL ready in about 3 months time. Ideally I'd like to stay with Plusnet when I move to ADSL.
>
>
> Will Plusnet be matching this, or will I be tempted to go elsewhere?

Community Veteran

> NTL are down to low rates at the moment but there are other costs I believe?

A friend of mine has the so called NTL broad band?
It seems to be cheaper than ADSL but in reality its only running at 128k which to me is Mid band not Broad band.
He also has the TV and Phone which I think you need to have to get the reduced rate on the internet connection?
--
Regards
John
http://www.hmrg.co.uk
chino
Grafter

Well i know somone with NTL 1 meg line and i can d/l faster than he can !!!

If you are playing games then NTL is better however for d/l speed plus.net is better!

When you were on about free activation.. there is no such thing as they always get it out of you in the end you know you never get anything for free....

cUnDaLl
--
1.7 GHz AMD XP, 768MB DDR PC2100 Crucial, 120 GB HD IBM Deskstar

Why do we do it because we can...... Smiley