cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation Date?

N/A

Activation Date?

on the ADSL tracker it says activation is over to BT and The provisional date set for BT to activate ADSL on your line is:
03rd Jan 2004 - After 12pm

It still isn't activated now, does that mean that 12pm is midnight or does it mean that it's just likely to be late because it's holidays and all that?
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Activation Date?

While BT aren't the brainiest of all companies, I think they can manage to distinguish between midday and midnight. :lol: So yes, it'll probably just be a delay due to holidays.

Thomas
N/A

Activation Date?

any idea when it should be done? Is it something done automatically so it could be later today or does it need an engineer to actually do something so i will have to wait until monday?
N/A

Activation Date?

Do you have your modem yet?

If so, does it sync?

If not, then the line has not yet been activated. You are recomended waiting until after 1pm tomorrow until you raise a ticket (this is after the newest batch of updates from BT arrive).

If you can, then again, wait until after 1pm tomorrow. In the mean time, you should be able to attempt to keep authenticating (provided you have used the correct setup details in your modem) and PlusNet should automaticly see this and enable you.
N/A

Activation Date?

I have a router. I'm not sure what syncing means but it keeps flashing trying to get the connection then it settles and seems to think its connected but if i disconnect the dialup i have no connection.
N/A

Activation Date?

With ADSL, you modem first has to syncronise with teh signal generated at the exchange. When the light is constantly on, this usualy means this part of the process is complete.

After this, come the protocol negotiation and authentication. You can ignore most of the technical terms here, however, the negotiation part isn't automatic.

You must tell your modem/router which method to use. In the case of UK ADSL, you use PPPoA and a few other details, which can be located HERE in the "Essential Connection details" box.

Make sure your username and password are entered correctly. Your username for ADSL is either coombsfamily@plusdsl.net, or if certain manaual proceedures where neded for you activation, coombsfamily@plus.net. For the msot part, it should eb the first one.

Again, I would wait until 1pm tomorrow when any details of activation will be with PlusNet. YOu can then contact them via phone or link:contact us.