cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating the line

thechanz

Activating the line

hello there
i just canceled orange recently, i did not use the mac code way because i was too late. But after being disconnect, i applied for plusnet 2 days after which was last week saturday 19th may. Im just wondering what the normal time would be to take to activate my line, because it may take time for orange to disconnect my line fully. Would it still take about 7-10 working days?

Thanks in advance
Cheesy
10 REPLIES
N/A

Activating the line

I'm also interested in this.
Just moved to broadband from dialup and I've been waiting for my line to be activated for 2 weeks now.
So much for 7-10 days Sad
James
Grafter

Activating the line

Evening guys.

I made a post about the difficulties that can arise as a result of provisioning here:

http://community.plus.net/csc/2007/05/05/provisioning-a-saga/

If you could both email me (I don't get much time to look into the forums these days) at jbailey@plus.net I'll be more than happy to look into the issues that you are experiencing in the morning. Unfortunately, issues can arise, but we always do our best to ensure that these are kept to a minimum. I'll be happy to post an update once I have more information.
James
Grafter

Activating the line

thechanz,

Your order is due to complete on Tuesday 29th. It's taking a little bit longer than usual owing to the bank holiday on Monday.
James
Grafter

Activating the line

sharpesubak,

Please accept my apologies for this, your order has indeed been delayed, which we unfortunately only picked up on last night. When your order was placed, it was placed on a fixed 1Mbps service and because you are a considerable way from your exchange, this order has been cancelled by BT.

We will get the order resubmitted as an IPStream Max circuit, but in light of the IPStream Home 1000 order being cancelled, speeds aren't going to be fantastic. I'll also get someone from the Provisioning Team to give you a ring.
thechanz

Activating the line

thank you for the quick response, ill just have to use 56k for now until tuesday Tongue
thechanz

Activating the line

today is 29th and my broadband is still not working, can you have a look again for me please
James
Grafter

Activating the line

Hi there,

As per my email, this order is stilll showing as due to complete today on BTs systems, but I've asked one of my provisioning guys to give BT a ring to confirm.
James
Grafter

Activating the line

In addition to that, I've just activated your account at our end. If BT have completed the work, but are yet to change the status on their system, then you should be able to connect Smiley
thechanz

Activating the line

thank you it works very well now. thank you Cheesy
James
Grafter

Activating the line

I believe the operative word here is "w00t"