cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account upgrade question, please help...

N/A

Hi,

my current Plus.Net account is a "ADSL Home 1Mb - Router Starter Pack (No activation fee, Deferred hardware cost)" with unlimited bandwidth and I'm paying 44.79 per month for this and have done since Feb '04, but, unless I'm reading the website wrong it appears I can get a 2mb premier account for 39.99 per month

So, 1) can I upgrade to this new, faster account and save a couple quid each month? and 2) Is there any fee for changing accounts?

Thanks in advance for your answers....
~Phil
8 REPLIES
N/A

Hi Phil,

The 2Mb connection doesn't include the router etc, that you got as part of ADSL Home 1Mb - Router Starter Pack. If you were to change then you'd still have to pay the defered costs for the router etc.

There would also be a fee for changing accounts.
N/A

Hi Gadgetboy,

thanks for replying, sorry to be a pain but can you tell me how much the deferred router cost would be and also how much for the account change?

Thanks again,
~Phil
Community Veteran

You will have to raise a ticket on that because I have no idea of the cost or how much you are paying each month for your router and activation. There's normally a £7.50/month charge but that only covers the cost if you had the USB modem, but as you have a router (which is more expensive), only plusnet can tell you the additional monthly costs on top of your new pacjage charge for the remaining months of your 12 month contract.

As for the cost to move to a new broadband home product, that will be £14.99 or £24.99 depending on the contract your are on (monthly or annual) and the contract period you select for the new product. Moving from annual to monthly costs £24.99, any other costs £14.99
N/A

Thanks Petervaughan, I'll contact Plus.net for some more info...
N/A

kerrrrrrikey mandango thats a hell of a lot of wedge to pay for a router, does it become yours at any time? and what sort is it, looks to me like your paying 14.99 a month to rent a router :shock: :shock: mine cost me 70 quid
N/A

Yes the router will belong to him, I don't know whether it does now, or whether it does once all the defered payments are complete.

I'm assuming now, but I'm not 100% sure. Maybe someone else knows the answer to that.
N/A

looks to me like your paying 14.99 a month to rent a router :shock: :shock: mine cost me 70 quid

AH, but that £14.99 doesn't just cover the hardware costs.

The activation fee is also marked as deffered, which he is also paying for until the 12 months is up.
N/A

oh right he doesnt make that clear, its not a bad option really unless you mark up the router over the odds.....