cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account cost

Bojangles
Grafter

Account cost

According to my account summary I am on 'ADSL Home 1Mb' of which I am paying £29.99 a month. I upgraded from 512kb back in September 2004.

I have noticed that there are Broadband Premier accounts for £21.99 of 512kb-2Mb. Am I being overcharged or should I have switched to this account to save money.
5 REPLIES
pgudge
Grafter

Account cost

If you switch now to the Premier £22.99 you will not be upgraded from free in Oct/Nov (8mb). You will then have to pay £14.99 to be upgraded to 4mb/8mb

If you downgrade to £22.99 now, you are downgraded to 1mb £22.99. You also have the option of paying £14.99 to be moved to 2mb now.

If you dont pay the £14.99, you will remain on 1mb until BT/+Net upgrade you automatically. check out the Usertools to find out when your exchange is being upgraded.

http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/

If it is soon, then you can wait, mine was on July 05, so I decided to pay the £14.99.

The ammount of money you will pay to downgrade now to 2mb will save you more than waiting for the free 4mb/8mb service. So the BEST thing is to downgrade now to £22.99.

HTH's
N/A

Account cost

Up to 2 Mb/s premier is £21.99, unless you have a .co.uk web address then you pay an extra £1. Like you say it is free to downgrade and wait for the free speed increase.
pgudge
Grafter

Account cost

whoops, yeah, I meant £21.99, but I am paying £22.99 for the domain.

gudge.
N/A

Account cost

Hmm, I'm on the 2MB Lite package for 14.99 with 1GB inclusive. I've included 4GB extra so I'm paying 18.99. I'm restricting my use to stay within the 5GB but I wouldn't mind an extra couple of GB so it will take me to around £22.

Will I still be eligible for the free upgrade? If so what upgrade would I get?

Also what is the difference between Plus and Premier? Would I be better off with these packages than Lite instead?
N/A

Account cost

From what I understand:

Not sure if your regrade would be free, you may have to pay £14.99 because you are on a different type of account.

Plus is an unlimited download but P2P and usenet downloads are throttled at peak times. On a 50:1 contention on the BT network 30:1 on PN network.

Premier an unlimited download with no restrictions on P2P and usenet downloads. However if you was an excessive downloader at peak time you may well be contacted by PN. On a 50:1 contention on the BT network 30:1 on PN network.

Hope this helps

Steve