cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Issues.

N/A

Account Issues.

Hi Everyone.Sorry Im sending several forum messages over this Forum its just I keep getting more Ideas into my head about my account.The final thing I would Like to ask is the following:

I have recently upgraded my account and I viewed the information in the Ticket Service and It says the following:

This customer has chosen to upgrade from "ADSL Home Self-Install (Annual Contract)" to "PlusNet Broadband Home Premier 1Mb (Monthly Contract, No Modem)

It Now says im On a monthly contract.Is there any difference in Monthly to annual as I appear to have paid more for Monthly Contract(I don't have a problem with this).Is there any reason to choose Monthly Over Annual?.

Thanks

Jon
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Account Issues.

The difference between monthly and annual is just the ammount of notice you need to give to close your account.

With a yearly account you are commited to keeping the account for one year or paying a fee if you wish to close it earlier.
On a monthly one you just have to give 1 months notice and there is no extra fee to close it.

Yearly does work out a little bit cheaper though..

Hope that answers your queries.
Community Veteran

Account Issues.

Also regrading from annual to monthly costs more (£24.99). if you had said you wanted to stay on your current contract (monthly) it would have only cost you £14.99.
N/A

Account Issues.

So I guess Choosing monthly has the benefits that I can cancel without a charge?

And Also:

Would it still cost 29.99 a month whichever way I went about it?.

If So Im Not worried about the extra few ££ I had to Pay for the ADSL 1000 Upgrade.

thanks

Jon
Community Veteran

Account Issues.

The monthly charge does not change. It is as stated on the pruducts page (in your case for 1Mb premier).
N/A

Account Issues.

I have 1 final question.Is my account 50:1 contentions.If so How is it possible to get 20:1 contentions and is there any difference?

Cheers

Jon

P.s- Thanks For all your help and sorry for the hassle.
Community Veteran

Account Issues.

Broadband home 512K and 1Mb is 50:1, boadband home 2Mb is currently 20:1 until BT release an IPStream home 2000 product when everyone will be moved over to the 50:1 product. As far as PlusNet are concerned broadband home 2Mb is is being promoted as a 50:1 product.

If you want 1Mb 20:1 contention you need to signup for a business product which are much more expensive. See the business broadband products page for more details.

In practice you will not see any difference in speed between 50:1 and 20:1 unless you are on a very busy exchange with limited ADSL capacity, where contention ratios may be nearer the 50:1 & 20:1 figures. In practice neither ratios get anywhere near the max possible.