cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Details - April Upgrades

N/A

I have a Zoom x4, it was pricey at 90 odd pounds, but I loved it so much I bought another when I moved house Cheesy Fantastic bit of equipment.
8 REPLIES
chris_coops

Just wondered when the upgrades come in sometime this month (April 11th?) will my account actually change. At the moment I'm connected to Home 512k Premier, and the account details website reflects this. When I get upgraded will the change to something along the lines Home 1Mb Premier?
N/A

I'd love to know how we're supposed to find out that our connection has been upgraded..

Sure for those with USB/PCI modems they'll see it connecting at a different speed (maybe?), but people with routers don't disconnect over night (usually) so unless BT reconnects us when they perform the update how are we supposed to tell? :?
N/A

I'd like another e-mail to go out detailing the whens and hows of the regrade if possible, as I've heard little since the original 'Fair Usage' and 'Product announcement' e-mails.
N/A

Most routers have a web interface that will tell you!

Aaron
N/A

Well on my old Zoom usb modem it popped up with the adsl speed, which is how i found out about my 1mb regrade going through last year. You can find the line speed quite easily on routers. Though i suspose it would be nice if plusnet sent out an email after the speed regrade happens, to let people know they've been upgradded. You have to be disconnected from the DSLAM by a BT engineer so he/she can fiddle with the speed and then you get plugged back into the DSLAM. It does not take that long. But when BT have a got a lot of orders to process, then it can take a while. The only thing you'll notice from a 512k line to 1mb line is the difference in how long it takes to download files. Theres not much difference in web browsing speed. Though you can fiddle with Firefox's settings to improve your web browsing experince.
N/A

Ah, fair enough if we'll get disconnected Smiley

I didn't want them to change my speed but then require me to manually reboot my router to "enable" that new speed, leaving me waiting for ages wondering whether it had been upgraded or not. Looks like I'll just be logging onto my router's web interface every morning then Cheesy
kosh2
Grafter

I have a Belkin wireless router and there is nowhere in the interface which shows the speed of connection.
N/A

On the Zoom there's an ADSL Status page, this shows SNR margin, Line Attenuation, errors, DATA RATE (both directions) and various other gubbins.