cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Cancellation & New ISP's.

N/A

I have cancelled my account with Plusnet, it ends on the 25th October. They weren't able to offer me a MAC code, so I instead opted to pay £28 and have them cancel my account completely.

My question is, with me having been LLU'd, will this make getting a new ISP more difficult? I presume with the cancellation of my account, the line will be reset as if I no longer have broadband and I will be able to start from scratch with a new ISP?

I am getting NTL Cable internet anyway, but should anything happen that would stop me from getting it (Digging up driveways etc), I have been looking at Zen internet... would the fact I have been LLU'd stop me from being able to get a line with them? How about if I went to BT Broadband?

Any advice on this matter would be appreciated, this is turning into a nightmare for me, particularly as I am going to be out of the country for a month in November, and I would like to leave the rest of my family with a usable internet connection.
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

By canceling rather than going the MAC route, you are indeed fine to setup with another ISP from scratch.
It just means that you have a period of time offline whilst switching, which the MAC is supposed to alleviate.
N/A

Thanks cuz.
N/A

just for your records, a friend of mine was having all sorts of issues with virgin net (owned by NTL btw) he cancelled the service they zapped his service on the day,when he went to a new isp they couldnt sign him up cos its was still tagged with Virgin on the system. He had to get Ofcom involved then finally Otelo to get the tag removed and compensation, then his line was finally free, to which he went to BT.

Not sayin that will happen here but cancelling can have issues aswell just be aware.