Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AccessRunner crash(?)

LastRoMan
Grafter

AccessRunner crash(?)

Hi Guys!
I have Dabs ADSL PCI modem - easy to set up and run - but with one problem. Intermittently if I use "Disconnect" the function subsequently crashes. Indicated by the double conputer monitor icon in the system tray being struck out by a red X (cross).

I then get he error message "Tapisrv caused an error RPCRT4.DLL"

I cannot then subsequently re-connect to the line. To do this I have to Restart my PC.

I have a 450MHz Pentium 3, with 256MB RAM. I connect with PlusNet who I rate.

Can anyone help please?

seero (aka Conrad)
--
7 REPLIES
N/A

RE: AccessRunner crash(?)

Sounds like the need for an updated driver, or maybe a possible faulty ADSL modem.

Kind regards

Kevin

--
| Kevin Revill ............... Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| PlusNet Customer Support .......... for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. ....... @ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

> Hi Guys!
> I have Dabs ADSL PCI modem - easy to set up and run - but with one problem. Intermittently if I use "Disconnect" the function subsequently crashes. Indicated by the double conputer monitor icon in the system tray being struck out by a red X (cross).
>
> I then get he error message "Tapisrv caused an error RPCRT4.DLL"
>
> I cannot then subsequently re-connect to the line. To do this I have to Restart my PC.
>
> I have a 450MHz Pentium 3, with 256MB RAM. I connect with PlusNet who I rate.
>
> Can anyone help please?
>
> seero (aka Conrad)
>
> --
>

Both files are part of windows, so you might have too reinstall the TCP-IP protocal, if not then try a Repair install of 98
--
ADSL @ 288/576 Self Install
IRC.UTCHAT.COM
@ in #utgames #utchat #uthelp
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
Community Veteran

> Both files are part of windows, so you might have too reinstall the TCP-IP protocal, if not then try a Repair install of 98

hmm no idea where I got 98 from but if you are using 98-win2k then try reinstalling TCPIP.

But for XP, there is a method to repair TCPIP but is difficult, so maybe better trying a repair install
--
ADSL @ 288/576 Self Install
IRC.UTCHAT.COM
@ in #utgames #utchat #uthelp
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
LastRoMan
Grafter

> > Both files are part of windows, so you might have too reinstall the TCP-IP protocal, if not then try a Repair install of 98
>
>
> hmm no idea where I got 98 from but if you are using 98-win2k then try reinstalling TCPIP.
>
> But for XP, there is a method to repair TCPIP but is difficult, so maybe better trying a repair install
>
> --
> ADSL @ 288/576 Self Install
> IRC.UTCHAT.COM
> @ in #utgames #utchat #uthelp

Good guess Gus,
Or are you psychic.

I have Windows 98 ME. And the .cab files are on the Hard Drive - the GUI was on when I bought the machine.

I am not familiar with a "repair install" will that mess up my Start button, because I have too many programs to want to loose them?

Thanks,

seero (aka Conrad)

--
Community Veteran

> Good guess Gus,
> Or are you psychic.
>
> I have Windows 98 ME. And the .cab files are on the Hard Drive - the GUI was on when I bought the machine.
>
> I am not familiar with a "repair install" will that mess up my Start button, because I have too many programs to want to loose them?
>
> Thanks,
>
> seero (aka Conrad)
>
>
> --
>

By a repair I mean running the windows install again and it will usually just over write the windows files, but leave any applications that have been installed in place.

I say usually, but always backup anything vital. so if your HD is big enough make a partion too hold anything you Cannot risk loosing
LastRoMan
Grafter

> > Good guess Gus,
> > Or are you psychic.
> >
> > I have Windows 98 ME. And the .cab files are on the Hard Drive - the GUI was on when I bought the machine.
> >
> > I am not familiar with a "repair install" will that mess up my Start button, because I have too many programs to want to loose them?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > seero (aka Conrad)
> >
> >
> > --
> >
>
> By a repair I mean running the windows install again and it will usually just over write the windows files, but leave any applications that have been installed in place.
>
> I say usually, but always backup anything vital. so if your HD is big enough make a partion too hold anything you Cannot risk loosing

Thanks for all your help I will go for the Windows Reinstall option when I can fit it in. Thanks again,

Conrad (aka seero)
www.conradroe.co.uk
N/A

hi, did anyone have any luck with this fix? i too have the same problem.