cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acceptable Usage?

N/A

Acceptable Usage?

I am on the HW Pro account, this is unlimited bandwidth but we all know that unlimited is not exactly unlimited, nobody could expect to use 20GB a day for example.

So what is classed as fair b/w usage, I am currently averaging around 200MB a day, what would be the upper limit?

Pete
10 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Acceptable Usage?

The only limits that I know of is data to and from your home pages which is 250 meg per day for a home account and 500 meg per day for some business accounts.

Data from surfing and downloads is not limited on your account and I dont think any "Reasonable limit " is in force.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Acceptable Usage?

Hi Pete,

There is no upper limit on the amount if data you can transfer on your ADSL connection, you can use as much bandwidth as you like on a Homeworker account.
N/A

Acceptable Usage?

so im not going to get in trouble for using 50-80 GB per month on a 2mbit premier connection?
Community Veteran

Acceptable Usage?

no. Dave has already said so above.
N/A

Acceptable Usage?

i think.. though my maths is prob wrong u can get 590gig a month if u leave it downloading continualy at ur max speed.. now id love to see plusnet say that was ok Cheesy

Buz
N/A

Acceptable Usage?

That was my original question, there is never such thing as 'unlimited' at some point a limit is imposed and rightly so.

It is rather like web hosting, $10 a month for umlimited bandwidth, they soon boot you off when you start taking more than what is reasonable, and once again that is the correct thing to do.

When things are 'unlimited' the few usually spoil it for the majority, limits are good and a sign of a professional company.

Pete
michaelscott
Grafter

Acceptable Usage?

PlusNet have more than enough capcity to cope with 'those few'.

You make it sound like you actually want there to be a limit :shock: Move to a capped product Tongue
N/A

Acceptable Usage?

having a limit imposed when a product is said to be unlimited would just be a con anyway. unlimited should mean unlimited regardless of weather you use 5mb or 500gb
michaelscott
Grafter

Acceptable Usage?

Well the fact is the account is limited: in terms of speed. The product is, say, 512 kilobits per second. As long as you don't use more than 512Kbps, you're fine.
glyndev
Grafter

Acceptable Usage?

512k is a line speed limit imposed by BT for the product and is not a limit set by +net.

If you wher on a 1M the limit would be 1024k line speed limit and nothing to do with the ammount of data that you are allowed to download in a set period if time