cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About the ISP Virus checker

N/A

Is it possible for Plus Net virus checker to prevent some files from downloading while using a P2P package ?

I have been having random download problems for the last week, although if I take my comp to a friends house (Plus Net user as well), I can download them ok.

The files always fail at the same point, regardless what I try to get them to download. I also know it is not a firewall or router issue.

Moredun
7 REPLIES
N/A

What P2P program are you using? at what point to they fail?

What PN account are you on?

Aaron
Community Veteran

The Plusnet virus checker checks viruses on emails before they get into your mailbox so I can't see how that would interfere with any P2P apps you are running.

I would look closer to home like your PC or ADSL hardware. Some routers can't handle a lot of P2P connections and hang/reboot. Cutting the number of P2P sessions can solve this or upgrading the firmware.
N/A

I use Soulseek P2P software.

The files can fail at any point, but each file will always fail at the same point it did the first time, if I try to download it again.

I am on the 1Meg account with PN (unlimited)

As stated above, I can download the files from a friends house without any problems, thus my computer and modem are ok. When my friend tried his computer and modem at my house, they failed for him.

Moredun
N/A

do you get problems like this off anything else or is it just this one program?
N/A

I have not noticed anything else, apart from the odd slow download speed.

I have been using this software for many months without any problems untill the last week and I had not changed anything.

Moredun
N/A

Do you have by any chance "surf" activated in connection settings?
N/A

I checked that Paul, no it is not active.

Moredun