cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About ADSL Home Surf and Broadband Home Lite

N/A

Hi Plus.net team,

I would like know what different between of ADSL Home Surf and (new) Broadband Home Lite.

ADSL Home Surf cost £18.99 every months

Broadband Home Lite (new) cost £14.99 every months.

i used ADSL Home Surf for 3 years so far. But can i change to Broadband Home Lite from ADSL Home Surf??

Im grateful if you explain me.

cheers
6 REPLIES
N/A

the lite us only lets u use so much a month ie 1gig downloads a month. The 18.99 one is unlimited. But u cant use p2p sharing on the 18.99 a month one. So go 4 the 21.99 home one
N/A

ADSL Home Lite allows you 1gb total transfer - meaning that they combine the amount you download and the amount you upload per month.

If you go over this liimit you are charged £2.50 per extra gb, but only up to an extra £10 (I.E. the maximum amount you can pay one month is £24.99). For more details of the costing look at this page.

Apart from this usage limit the ADSL Home Lite account has all of the features of the ADSL Home account (it includes the extra features, such as cgi and mysql, which are not included with the ADSL Home Surf account.

For full details of the ADSL Home Lite account see this page.
Community Veteran

You can't compare ADSL Home surf with Broadband lite as they offer different services. You have to consider broadband lite to be a initially cheaper version of ADSL Easystart except you don't get a modem with lite.

All the details and differences can be found on the portal under each products description or click here for details of the lite product.

Basically lite only allows 1GB/month transfer. If you exceed this then you are charges an additional £2.50/month for each additional GB of usage upto a max of £10 (4GB) after which there are no further restrictions or payments. As you will guess this makes it the same as ADSL Easystart (£24.99).

If you intend to do a lot of surfing (i.e. more than 4GB/month) you may be better off going for ADSL home. It also depends on whether you want to purchase a modem yourself or chose one of the products that has a modem option.

Basically check all the details and charges for each of the products offered to choose the one that suits you best.
N/A

What about the Question no one seeems to want to answer. Can some one change from thier current Broadband option with Plusnet to the new light user Option.
Thanks. Cheesy
Community Veteran

Yep, should be fine, provided the intitial 12 month contract has expired (unless you paid extra for a 1 month contract of course).

Thomas
csogilvie
Grafter

but not until the begining of June.