cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abandon Ship!!!

snapper_mart
Grafter

Abandon Ship!!!

I've been with Plusnet for 4 years now and I'm getting a bit fed up with all the speed problems, crap announcements about service limits and usage policies that mean little to the layman or average user and lack of interest from support...think I'll get me armbands out and jump ship!!!

P.S. I've just found this little nugget in my in box---- quoted directly from Plus Net's newsletter!!! "2006 is the year when high-speed broadband will become a reality" hehehehehehe...there ain't no evidence of it yet !!!!!
15 REPLIES
N/A

hi

got the same email [ie upgrading to 8 meg when availiable ]so i checked with bt and apparently my exchange is planned for april /may so i'll hold on to then and see what happens ,but i cant complain my account has been ok [premier 2 meg] and my limits seem fair if a little small [i only download 10-20 gig a month ]
N/A

Abandon Ship!!!

your moaning about speed problems, and others are moaning about p2p being capped.
seems to me plusnet can't do anything right with this one.
bring back capital punishment, hang b*stds that don't provide 2mb unlimited for the cheapest price possible.
pgudge
Grafter

Abandon Ship!!!

Anyone who's been around PN for a while knows its never been about cheapest prices, although they have been cheap. I DIDNT sign upto PN because they were the cheapest, and their attitude towards the norm was great. The features and offers were fantastic, CS was second to none (if you need it) Speed has never been a fantasic point with PlusNet either. It was the 'cool isp'

Now i'm capped to 256Kbps and getting emails about 8mb broadband, they have become a Big ISP, with great faults and dont really care about their existing customers, in other words, they've become cr4p.
N/A

Abandon Ship!!!

the best one yet is i didnt need a credit card when i joined yet been told today i need one to get my mac key heard it all now even tho they didnt say it a wk ago when first requested and i presumed they would take out my bank with this months payment

would be ok but i dont have credit or debit cards as i choose not to not everyone has them grrrrrr nad i didnt need one to start with them y do i need one to leave

:?
Community Veteran

Abandon Ship!!!

Either use someone elses credit card (with permission of course) or you can send PN a cheque for what you owe.
N/A

Abandon Ship!!!

right so i cancel the direct debit as i expect to have moved in thirty days as even not including informing them last week 23rd ie today to 22nd i presume is my notice and the 14.99 migration fee by recorded delivery in a ready cleared check (no clearence time required) how long would it take to get my mac key.

i presume there would not be any problems with that would there as that would cover my thirty days i guess
N/A

Abandon Ship!!!

cheers petervaughn cracked it ty for help
N/A

Abandon Ship!!!

Either use someone elses credit card (with permission of course) or you can send PN a cheque for what you owe.

Still doesn't explain why you dont need a credit card to join plusnet but you need one to leave does it?.

Never experience this with any other internet service provider Cry
N/A

Abandon Ship!!!

I hink that PN new policy is good...but has it downsides....when i signed up, i signed up for "unlimited" broadband access, with no restrictions...but since then there have been policies coming from every angle, whats going on...when will Plusnet see that by introducing policies like these, many customers will leave dissatisfied. I know that PN only means wel for its customers, but this should be sorted out with another approach.
N/A

Abandon Ship!!!

The difficulty is that there are few other options available to ensure that Plus Net deliver sustainable products going forwards.

Short of introducing hard caps, as others have done, this way, people, when they hit the usage levels can still use their account, albeit wiith some applications slowed down. But the connection still works.

Ultimately, the vast majority of Plus Net customers will not be affected by the current policies. The usage patterns and figures bear this out. The forums might portray a different picture, however, with a customer base in excess of 150k the ones who post on these and other boards are well in the majority.

In the main, customer satisfaction remains high, the rate of churn bears this out and with one of the lowest churn rates in the industry, Plus net must be doing somthing right.

The implementation and delivery of the new policies may not be all that they should or could have been, however they are moving in the right direction and going forwards, Plus net are ensuring that they will continue to grow and deliver sustainable and quality broadband for sometime to come.
pgudge
Grafter

Abandon Ship!!!

Plus net must be doing somthing right.

Yes, they're loosing their customers. Read Li2004 post above.

when i signed up, i signed up for "unlimited" broadband access, with no restrictions...but since then there have been policies coming from every angle, whats going on

This is why they appear to be doing ok, they are fishing people in, the chopping their blumming legs off.
N/A

Abandon Ship!!!

Ive migrated from plusnet today and im very happy that they allow me to keep my email address. I may return oneday as i like plusnet's service on a whole i was just fed up with the disconnects and all the new policies that have been added. On a whole i think they know what there doing, the problem is there are to many hi speed customers and an infrastucture that will grind to a halt if its not managed in some way.
pgudge
Grafter

Abandon Ship!!!

Cool, where have you gone to?

Thats a good thing with plus net they have a free isp service, so you can change your account to a free one, keep your username and email and you can always come back and get broadband (if they ever do get back up off the floor)
N/A

Abandon Ship!!!

Ive actually moved to f2s and i will give it a month and see what there service is like if there worse than plusnet then i shall return, realistically i think plusnet are the best ISP out there and ive been with them for over 2 years so they must have been doing something right i just got annoyed with what seems to be over the last 6 months constant changes in account conditions first it was the FUP plan which was scrapped which i was totally happy with as never use any where near 150gb, then there was the peak cap being 4 - 12, then the final straw for me was the peak time management and changing peak from 8 - 12, what ever next?