cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aaaaaaargh!!! Upload Speed....

N/A

Aaaaaaargh!!! Upload Speed....

470 downstream 90 upstream. Didn't think it was worth raising a ticket, anyone else having problems?
17 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Aaaaaaargh!!! Upload Speed....

Join the club and get in line behind the rest of us Smiley

Ali
Ommin
Grafter

Last night I was getting 9 Kbps. Tonight it has jumped all the way up to 46 Kbps.

chino
Grafter

From BT Wholesale (www.bt.com/broadband then put your number in and search and read the info..)

"The upstream speed will vary depending on the length of the telephone line connecting you to your local exchange"

cUnDaLl
N/A

But when you can upload at 30k per second to +nets ftp server and only upload to external ftp server(s) at 4k per second its hardly going to be anything to do with the distance from the exchange.
chino
Grafter

Yes but have you looked at the trace rotues to these ftp servers ?

cUnDaLl

N/A

Never saw any need, I know the at least one of the servers was having no problems because I run it and got it checked by someone else as soon as this started. The bottleneck is/was somewhere on the +net network and only seems to occur during peak hours, not surprising really but slowing down to 4k per second is a little OTT. Im sure +net will get it sorted though, they usually pretty good like that.
N/A

I raised a ticket on the upload speed last week,
had to submit all my working details etc..

But in the end i knew nobody would take the blame or do anything, just was told i'm on RADSL and im probably borderline with exchange.

Ho hum, upstream was great before.. told PlusNet this, but i ended up accepting defeat and closed the ticket.

No point argueing i wasn't going to win or make a difference, they read everything from a script.

I may go for Telewest Blueyonder cable, which i did have the chance of before switching to PlusNet ADSL in April, i wanted to stay with Plus as i have been with them since October 2000.

But now ADSL isn't all it was cracked up to be.. everynight on here i have problem, slow then fast then slow, then no connection, then loss of connection then loss of DNS.

Pain in the backside really..
we shall see if it gets improved in the new year to come, if it gets worse..
then i may switch to cable after my year is up.
although i don't really want to.
But connection rate is not stable enough on here.
I really need that Upstream aswell as the fast down.
Having a fast down and a slow up isn't much good.
not for me anyway.
--
Jason
=====
N/A

RE: Matt Forsyth post.

Ment to say: This effects worldwide servering, ie: not local on the PlusNet servers.

The PlusNet monitor (http://monitor.plus.net) is always going to say my connection is fast, they are my ISP, and everyones here on this forum, and we are not leaving their network to run a test.
we are doing it, while on same network.
If i run a local test on two computers networked they will always come back 100% b/c they are not leaving any area.. i hope im explaining this correct, while when we leave the PlusNet network to other servers it's rubbish.

Run a test outside it, and you get the real speeds. very poor upstream as i said.
Evenings are the worst.

Middle of the night isn't a problem, but what good is that when everyone is sleeping, appart the weekends.

I blame BT.. for everything.
--
Jason
=====
N/A

Thanks for that BT b/band link cundall.

I wasn't happy after submitting my phone number thou.. it says things on there i wasn't told when i signed up. and that there is an "incompatible product on your line" whats thisHuh.

READ
====

Good News! The checker indicates that Broadband is available in your area and although the preliminary check on your line suggests that the full range of Broadband services cannot be delivered to your address because of the long distance between you and the local telephone exchange, you should be able to receive Broadband service at 512kilobits per second downstream and up to 256kilobits per second upstream. (The upstream speed will vary depending on the length of the telephone line connecting you to your local exchange).

Please note that a further test on your line will be performed should you decide to place an order, to make sure that your line is suitable before progressing the order.

Thank you for your interest.

Note: Our records indicate that you have an incompatible product on your line. Please contact your SP for further information.
=================================

BT didn't go into all this detail back in April when i ran a check to see if it was available, just told me it was available in my area.. i didn't think of all the probelms, probably b/c i didn't know of them.. BT they take your money and couldnt care less but you expect this from them.
So according to this im just scraping past the test then huh?
i'd still like to know what "incompatible product on your line" means.
I feel conned. should have took the cable.

*sighs*
--
Jason
=====
N/A

> From BT Wholesale (www.bt.com/broadband then put your number in and search and read the info..)
>
>
> "The upstream speed will vary depending on the length of the telephone line connecting you to your local exchange"
>
>
> cUnDaLl

I am less than 1km from the exchange and for 2 months, I have been getting solid, CONSISTENT speeds (470 down, 240 up), since Tuesday, my upload speed rarely tops 100. I think it's fair to use my connection as a yard stick and say that PlusNet have a problem somewhere
N/A

Hi Jason

The "incompatible product on your line" is more than likely your current DSL connection so I wouldnt worry about it. It does the same for my phone # too.

Matt
N/A

Hi James

Im also looking at switching ISP getting a bit fed up with the problems we have had on +Net over the last 6 months and now Im also getting the very poor upstream speeds and it has sod all to do with the servers im connecting to as ive run tests against servers in the UK, US, Norway and Denmark all giving bad upstream the problem is either on +Net or BT network conn to +Net at peak times.

No one else is reporting this problem on other ISP's
or at least not posting it on ISPr or Adslguide forums so for the moment it seems to be localised to +Net if anyone knows different point me to the URL please so i could take a look.

I manage my wifes Sovernet ISP account in the US and ftp to it has descended into a farce where im faster uploading using a 56k modem.

I have decided to go to Nildram and pay more for my ADSL service at the end of my Annual contract next year, which is why I asked if +Net were a part of the ADSL ISP transfer program in a separate topic in this forum but still no reply to it.

Hope it works out for you

Ali

N/A

Upload & Download Speeds....

this is my last run in with BT, no more after this episode i have had enough. Someone is blocking somewhere cos i didnt have this problem when i first came here and for me it has just got steadily worse and worse and now its the pits.
N/A

RE: Upload & Download Speeds....

What is the problem here with UPLOAD speeds?

According to this test compared with others on PlusNET i've got the best UPLOAD speed recorded to date:

http://www.dslreports.com/archive/plus.com?r=505