cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AUP Bandwidth Question

N/A

AUP Bandwidth Question

Hiya guys and plusnet if your are reading this, i was just surfing tonight and found this piece of information: was wondering how true this is, thank you!!

quick note to anyone looking at ADSL, PlusNet have a virtually hidden BW
limit with there ADSL package. Go over 500 meg a week and its 50p per 100
meg from then on. Its somewhere in the AUP during signup but they forget to
mention it on there web page / faq / price comparison chart. They have
selective answering of emails about it.

found it here, http://www.consume.net/mhonarc/thenet/msg01081.html

Cheers

[Moderators note (by Thomas): The title has been changed to something more useful to those browsing the forums.]
12 REPLIES
Community Veteran

AUP Bandwidth Question

It may have been true once (I wouldn't know), but did you happen to check the date on that thread? Wink

Thomas
Community Veteran

AUP Bandwidth Question

No
There is a bandwidth limit but it is 250meg per day not 500 per week and this only applies to traffic to and from your web pages not your surfing which is unlimited
N/A

AUP Bandwidth Question

That makes interesting reading, but before the [censored] hits the fan i'd like to know what +net have to say.

moderators note (by John) Sorry reset but tou are not allowed swear words. even disguised ones
N/A

AUP Bandwidth Question

Thanks for the quick reply guys, i wasn't trying to stir anything up here or anything its just what i read of that website, and thought to share it with others, staff can you please explain the 250mb a day limit, whats that exactly for?

Cheers guys Wink
Community Veteran

AUP Bandwidth Question

The 250MB a day limit is for your web space. So they're saying the maximum amount of data/pages that can be downloaded off your web space is 250MB per day.

Thomas
N/A

AUP Bandwidth Question

That thread is three years old so don't apply to new customers, but +net do have copies of the older t&c's that are aparently still valid.

So how about shedding a little light on on this for those that signed prior to 16 January 2003.
Community Veteran

AUP Bandwidth Question

If you have a website hosted by Plusnet as I do eg www.hmrg.co.uk then anyone visiting that site will be downloading the files that make up the pages so that they can read them on there machine.
Also if I make changes to the site I have to Upload files to my web space.
All these files are of various sizes and everytime a file is moved in or out it uses "bandwidth" which is limited to 250meg per day.
This is quite generous and my sites all together rarely exceed half of this every day.
The big problem comes if you have say video files on your site that people are downloading as these can be massive and eat up bandwidth.

Hope that helps with the bandwidth question.
N/A

AUP Bandwidth Question

Thanks Smiley
N/A

AUP Bandwidth Question

Does this rule apply to websites hosted on home servers aswell?

nry
N/A

AUP Bandwidth Question

No, a home server is over you ADSL or dial connection (dread the though of the dial connection).

These do not have limits, but with only a 256 upload, it won't be the fastest of webservers.
N/A

AUP Bandwidth Question

Thanks, I don't have any big files on my site, I was just curious! It loads quick enough and currently doesn't get enough hits for me to be worried!

Regards,

nry
N/A

AUP Bandwidth Question

When these pics were leaked (before the mag officialy came out), i hosted them, and used over 10gigs in 1 day :twisted:

http://mysite.freeserve.com/ladsonly

I also recieved a few quid Cool