cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AR11 Router

N/A

AR11 Router

Hi, Is anyone using the router named above, as I have started having problems with mine, I have to reset it every 5/10 mins as it ceases connecting,
I have a ticket out with CS, and have tried resetting as it says on the portal support page.
Anyone had probs like this Cry

Thanks Brian.
5 REPLIES
bluewhale
Grafter

no probs here

no probs here, but not that old.

have you updated to the latest firmware, do a search here or adslguide for a link to the url for the latest firmware, maybe that'll help.
N/A

AR11 Router

Try removing other equipment attached to your phone line.

Until 2 weeks ago, and after 6 months without any problems, my AR11 suddenly started disconnecting several times a day. It would then take up to an hour to reconnect. After much investigation I found that the internal modem in my PC was causing the trouble when the PC was switched off. I have now disconnected the modem from the phone socket and my AR11 is still connected after 1 day and 10 hours. I have no idea why it should have taken 6 months to cause a problem.
bluewhale
Grafter

AR11 Router

sounds like you were on the edge of the signal to noise ration when you first connected and something has reduced it ( eg wind blowing outside line causing poorer connection ).

i would guess removing a device from the line inside would improve the signal.

i don't know wether it's possible to get bt to check the line ...
N/A

AR11 Router

Hi,

Have you tried plugging the router into your master socket, with no other devices connected to your line?
We basically need to determine whether it is the router or line at fault.
If you could test the router on another ADSL line (if one is available) or borrow another piece of ADSL hardware to test on your line, this would also be useful.
N/A

AR11 Router

Hi, I've tried numerous suggestions, in the end CS said they thought it was faulty, and are sending a replacement router.
Thanks for all your comments.
Brian.